Cherry pie cookies will give you the delicious taste of cherry pie in a cute, bite sized cookie. They’re incredibly easy to make, too!
Brian is one of those husbands who’ll eat pretty much anything that I cook for him, so when special occasions like his birthday or Valentine’s Day roll around, I like to make him things that he absolutely loves. For dinner, that means peppercorn rubbed steak and mashed potatoes, and for dessert, it’s my double chocolate bundt cake or these cherry pie cookies.
The best part about these cherry pie cookies is that they’re versatile for all types of bakers. You can make them completely from scratch, or you can go semi-homemade, using store bought pie dough and prepared pie filling. Nobody will care how you made them, as long as they can eat them!
If you’d like to make the pastry from scratch, click here for my easy pie crust recipe. My easy recipe for making cherry pie filling is in the recipe below.
Here’s the easy cherry pie cookies recipe.
Items You’ll Want (and Love!)
The items below have affiliate codes attached to them. I make a small profit from any sales, which helps to keep this website operational. Thank you for helping to support It’s Yummi!
For more easy cookie recipes, be sure to check out these recipes, from some of my blogger friends:
- Dulce de Leche Madeleines from The Spiced Life.
- Almond Butter Cookies from NinjaBaker.
- Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey.
- Classic Shortbread with Fleur de Sel from Karen’s Kitchen Stories.
- Coconut Rum Celebration Cookies from Food Lust People Love.
- Jam Filled Butter Cookies from Magnolia Days.
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies from Spiceroots.
- Alphabet Letter Cookies from A Baker’s House.
- Chocolate Chunk Shortbread from Baking in Pyjamas.
- Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands.
- Soft Sugar Cookies from DessertStalking Blog.
- Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies from Rhubarb and Honey.