This cherry pie cookies recipe was made with love for the January Creative Cookie Exchange. They’re going to give you the delicious taste of cherry pie in a cute, bite sized cookie.
Brian is one of those husbands who’ll eat pretty much anything that I cook for him, so when special occasions like his birthday or Valentine’s Day roll around, I like to make him things that he absolutely loves. For dinner, that means peppercorn rubbed steak and mashed potatoes, and for dessert, it’s my double chocolate bundt cake or these cherry pie cookies.
As I mentioned earlier, I made this cherry pie cookies recipe for the Creative Cookie Exchange. The theme this month is Make Someone’s Day Cookies! We chose someone in our lives that we loved and baked them cookies that they love! Maybe you will feel inspired to bake someone that you love a cookie! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she’ll get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s versatile for all types of bakers. You can make it completely from scratch or you can go semi-homemade, using boxed pie crust and prepared pie filling. Your loved ones won’t care how you made them, as long as they can eat them!
If you’d like to make the pastry from scratch, click here for my easy pie crust recipe. I’ll give you the easy recipe for making cherry pie filling in the recipe below.
Cherry Pie Cookies Recipe
For more cookie recipes, be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking right away, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made this month:
- Dulce de Leche Madeleines from The Spiced Life
- Almond Butter Cookies from NinjaBaker
- Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Classic Shortbread with Fleur de Sel from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Rum Celebration Cookies from Food Lust People Love
- Jam Filled Butter Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies from Spiceroots
- Chocolatey Chocolate Chip Cookies from Indian Curries/stew
- Alphabet Letter Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Chocolate Chunk Shortbread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
- Soft Sugar Cookies from DessertStalking Blog
- Frosted Lemon Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Pie Cookies from It’s Yummi
- Apple Peanut Butter Doggie Cookies from Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt
- Four Ingredient Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies from Rhubarb and Honey