This chocolate chip caramel swirl ice cream recipe is part of Ice Cream Week 2013. Come on in… Let’s have an ice cream social!
Let’s play Food Blog Jeopardy!
“I’d like “Scream Makers” for $500 please, Alex.”
Here’s the question:
It’s swirled, it’s creamy, and OH SO DREAMY!
What is chocolate chip caramel swirl ice cream?
*DING DING DING*
Welcome to Ice Cream Week! Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina have teamed up with more than 20 of their blog friends to bring you a week full of ice cream treats! Prepare to have your taste buds tempted with some of the best ice cream treats around.
I used a vanilla bean in the base for this ice cream, giving it adorable flecks of flavor. Then I needed a bit of chocolate in it because, well, let’s be serious for a moment… It’s not possible for me to go without chocolate at some point in the day, and when I made this ice cream, I hadn’t ingested my daily dose yet. So there’s that.
Then I needed to swing this bad boy creamy goodness over the top of indulgence, so caramel sauce was an easy answer. Not just any caramel sauce, though… it’s home made.
No worries if you decide to buy store bought caramel sauce. I just like to avoid extra chemicals when I can. I also think making caramel is fun!
If you’d like to check out today’s Ice Cream Week recipes, scroll down below the recipe and start drooling!
Wait… Maybe you should enjoy your ice cream with a warm cookie to reduce the risk of an ice cream headache coming on.
I hope you enjoy this chocolate chip caramel swirl ice cream!
Here are those creamy dreamy ice cream recipes from the other Ice Cream Week contributors:
- Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Banana Ice Cream Banana Splits by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peachy Vanilla Ice Cream by Jaunita’s Cocina
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie by Cook the Story
- Malted Chocolate Ice Cream by Foodness Gracious
- Malted Milkshakes by girlichef
- Ice Cream Social Week: Roasted Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream by Poet in the Pantry
- S’mores Ice Cream by Food Babbles
- Healthy Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream by Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Manischewitz Ice Cream Sandwiches by What Jew Wanna Eat
- Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches by 52 Kitchen Adventures
- Nutella Ice Cream with Granola Topping by The Spiffy Cookie