This is a MAGICAL day, because it’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Day! Are you ready for this? Your buddy Chef Bec has brought Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts to the party!
This party is hosted by Carla from Chocolate Moosey and Miriam from Overtime Cook. 30 bloggers and I are sharing our favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes, ranging from cookies and bars to scones and muffins. Follow the hashtag #chocPBday on social media and join us with your favorite chocolate and peanut butter recipes. Looking for recipes all in one place? Follow our Pinterest board. We’ve ALSO teamed up with OXO, King Arthur Flour, and Peanut Butter & Co. to bring you three fabulous prize packs. If you love to bake, you NEED his giveaway in your life! :)
Here are the prizes up for grabs:
Prize Pack #1: OXO Baking Tool Set: One 3-in-1 Egg Separator, One Bent Icing Knife, One Brownie Spatula, One Cake Tester, One Cookie Spatula, One Cupcake Icing Knife, One Cupcake Corer, One Egg Beater, One Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, One Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons, One Medium Cookie Scoop
Prize Pack #2: King Arthur Flour ingredients: One bag of all-purpose flour, one package of Guittard bittersweet chocolate disks, and one bottle of pure vanilla extract
Prize Pack #3: Peanut Butter and Co. package including: one Dark Chocolate Dreams 6-pack, One Variety 6-pack, and One 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams cookbook
The entry form for the giveaway is at the bottom of this post, but you might want to dig in to one these adorable chocolate peanut butter pretzel doughnuts first. They’re bite sized, for perfect portion control. Well, unless you’re ME. I took enough to fill up a dessert plate, which ended up being enough to feed 4 people. I need to learn to stop stacking my desserts on the plate
~ I used a mini doughnut maker to bake these in, but this recipe will also work for making traditional sized cake doughnuts baked up in a doughnut pan. You’ll just need to bake them at 350 F for 18 minutes or so, until the cake springs back when lightly poked. Come to think of it, you could even make this recipe in mini muffin tins, or traditional cupcake tins! However, you’ll want to double the recipe if you’re making larger sized treats.
~ Because I wanted to cut SOME of the “naughtiness” out of these chocolate peanut butter pretzel doughnuts, I substituted a low carb baking mix for the all-purpose flour, and I used a cup-for-cup sugar substitute instead of granulated sugar. If you don’t mind a few extra carbs, use the traditional ingredients. I won’t tell anyone! ;)
- 3/4 cup low carb baking mix (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar substitute (cup-for-cup variety)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum (omit if using all-purpose flour)
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (1/4 liquid cup) unsweetened almond milk, or regular milk
- Peanut Butter Glaze
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or regular milk
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup broken chocolate covered pretzels (or regular pretzels)
- Use a pastry brush to coat wells of a doughnut maker (or the wells of a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together low carb baking mix, almond flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum. Stir in eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Add almond milk and stir until smooth.
- Fill wells of doughnut maker, or fill wells of doughnut pan 2/3rds full. Bake according to doughnut maker's instructions, or 18 to 20 minutes if using a doughnut pan, or until set and donuts spring back when touched. Flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Once doughnuts have cooled, spread with peanut butter frosting and sprinkle with chocolate covered pretzel pieces.
- Makes 12 mini donuts or about 6 regular sized doughnuts
If MY chocolate peanut butter concoction isn’t enough to quench your desire and satiate your obsession, take a look at what the rest of the gang made. What a list of LOVE!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts by It’s Yummi!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Bars by Roxana’s Home Baking
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
Before I give you the giveaway entry form for a chance at all of the goodies I mentioned earlier, I’d like to give a a HUGE thank you to our sponsors! Here’s where you can find and follow them:
Disclosure: The prizes for this giveaway have been provided by the Sponsors. None of the bloggers associated with this giveaway have been compensated in any way for their participation in this giveaway. We did it simply to celebrate our love of chocolate and peanut butter!