Did you know that today is National Potato Chip Day? Me neither, hence the reason for today's post having absolutely nothing to do with potato chips. Or potatoes. Or chips, for that matter. IMHO, I don't think potato chips deserve their own national holiday anyway. Why take an every day treat and put it up on pedestal for the nation to rotate around for 24 hours? Savor those holidays for special things...like bacon. Oh, and Dairy Queen Dilly Bars. And COOKIE BUTTER!
Seriously! Have you seen this wonder spread? Forget sight... have you TASTED this stuff?! Aye carumba, Speculoos! What the heck is Speculoos, anyway? Oh, who the heck cares. It tastes like creamy gingerbread and butter all smoothed up fancy and delicious. Since the flavor of gingerbread tends to create moaning noises from my mouth, you can trust me when I say that this stuff is WAY WAY better than peanut butter, and I might even dare say that it's better than Nutella!! *gasp*
I'm relatively certain that there's yet another pair of stretchy pants with my name on them if I continue eating this stuff, but until I get the "all good things in moderation" routine down, I'll risk snapping my elastic for these muffins.
I've always been a fan of banana bread and I love the comforting, warm flavors of gingerbread, so combining the two seemed like the perfect pairing to me. What's that? You love me? Aww, thanks. I love you right back.
I was going to make this recipe in the traditional loaf form, but I'd been itching for a recipe to try out in my new Individual Serving stoneware from The Pampered Chef. Good gravy, I adore their products! The stoneware pieces in particular. They work very much like cast iron. The more you use them, the more seasoned and non-stick they become. I don't even have to tell you how simple they are to clean up. Hot water and dish rag, meet my stoneware. Rub, rinse, done. If you think I'm kidding, I'm totally not. I've got information galore on the products and a link to order them over on my Facebook page.
If I have a regret at all ab0ut using the stoneware for this recipe, it's that there are only 6 wells. 6 LARGE wells, though! These are some jumbo muffins, Lovely. Easily share-able...if you're willing to part with some of this yummiliciousness.
Want to see the recipe? Cool beans. Put on your apron and I'll meet you in the kitchen. Let's hook you up!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 3 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon caramel flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare Pampered Chef© Individual Serving Stone (or 2 standard sized loaf pans) by using a Silicone Basting Brush to coat the wells with melted butter.
- In 3-cup Silicone Prep Bowl, whisk together oil, cookie butter and sugar.
- Add the mashed bananas, eggs, milk, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk well to combine.
- Mix in flour and walnuts until just combined. Try not to over mix!
- Fill each well 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.