This puff pastry dessert recipe is part of a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.
Despite falling off of the healthy eating wagon around Thanksgiving, I intend to continue my quest to be a fit 50-year-old. Even if I don’t lose all of the weight, I’m making baby steps to better health.
Imagine if you and I and everyone we know made just one small, smart decision to better the Earth every day. Nothing major…just little things like taking shorter showers, picking up trash from the side of a street, or recycling cartons and cans instead of throwing them into the garbage with the rest of the waste that will sit in landfills for eternity.
In my efforts to be conscious about the packaging that I buy my products in, I was really happy to be introduced to Pacific Foods products. They come in Tetra Pak containers, which are made from 70% paper that’s made from selectively harvested trees. What the heck does that mean?
Sweet and simple…it’s better for the environment! The packaging is green-worthy for sure, but even better is that the products take up 1/3 less space in my pantry than similar products from other manufacturers do. There are LOADS of products available, but here are the ones that I had the opportunity to sample.
Extra love for the fact that the products are ORGANIC and were DELICIOUS, too!
This puff pastry dessert looks fancy, but it’s super simple to make!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry (2 puff pastry sheets, approximately 9 x 12 inches each)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 15 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (use my recipe or store bought)
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes to soften
- Line 2 baking sheets (9 x 11 inches each) with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, slice each pastry sheet to form 12 even squares (you'll have 24 squares total)
- In a small bowl, lightly beat together egg and water. Use a pastry brush to brush egg wash over the tops of each pastry square. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes, or until squares are golden browned and puffed. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix cranberry sauce, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- After squares have cooled, spread a layer of cranberry sauce on top of one pastry square, then add a layer of whipped cream. Place a pastry square on top of the whipped cream and repeat with another layer of cranberries and whipped cream. Top with one more pastry square and drizzle with caramel sauce. Repeat with remaining pastry squares. Eat and enjoy!
If you’ve got an idea for a way to be Carton Smart, I’d love to hear about it! Just leave a comment for me under this post. Oh, and if you’re a Pinterest lover like I am, be sure to Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest