Weekend brunch just got quick, easy, and delicious! Bake up a batch of these Dubliner Quiche Crescent Cups and watch the smiles appear!
Oh my GOSH! In less than 24 hours, I'll be married to my best friend, soul mate, and my true gift from God! Brian and I have been living life's roller coaster together for almost 7 years, and I still find new things to love about him every day.
Like the fact that he is the world's BEST taste tester. SERIOUSLY! As I develop recipes, I rely on honest opinions and feedback. Some people have taste testers in their life who appease them, secretly spewing parts of their meal into napkins and then garnishing the cook with smiles and accolades. My Hasome is NOT one of those people. Have you ever known an Irishman to hold back the truth? Me either.
Not to say that he isn't POLITE when he tells me that my creations taste like crap. He's an absolute gentleman about it. His negative feedback usually sounds something similar to this:
"Hey Boo? Will you please get me a glass of milk to help me choke down this
cardboard gingerbread? Ooops...I'm sorry, Honey....it's just a little dry."
He's SUCH a love <3
Of course, when new recipes turn out amazing, he's FULL of compliments. He turns on his "dote Boo with love" button, which sends me swooning to the moon and back. After he's finished eating 2-3 helpings (USUALLY a good sign that I've cooked well), he jumps onto Facebook and shares my recipe link with the fans on his Facebook page. Oh, have I told you that I'm marrying a political enthusiast? (Thanks for the accurate description, Maureen!)
Donovan household balance is like this; I cook up a storm in our kitchen as Brian cooks up a storm over the current mess our country is in.
Brian and I are a perfect combination... Just like the eggs, bacon, broccoli, my favorite Kerrygold cheese, and crescent rolls that I used to make this portable breakfast!
They're incredibly kid friendly and such a fun way to start your day. After all, it's my favorite comfort foods... baked eggs, bacon, and wonderful cheese, PLUS broccoli for additional good health, all topped with Pillsbury Crescent Rounds. SERIOUS love!
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup half & half (or milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less, to your preference)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper (more or less, to your preference)
- 3 Tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 strips of bacon, well cooked and crumbled (or 1/3 cup bacon bits)
- 1/3 cup shredded Kerrygold Dubliner cheese (Swiss or Parmesan will work, too)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli, thawed from frozen or blanched
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush six 1-cup ramekins lightly with olive oil (I used a Pampered Chef single serving stoneware pan)
- Divide and layer bacon, broccoli, and cheese evenly throughout the 6 cups and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and ranch dressing mix.
- Pour 1/2 cup egg mixture into each cup; Be sure not to overfill the cups, as eggs will rise during cooking.
- Place into heated oven and cook for 25 minutes. Carefully remove pan from oven and place one Crescent Round onto the top of each quiche cup. (You'll have 2 unused rolls that you can bake on an ungreased sheet pan, if desired.) Return pan to oven and cook for another 11-13 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before serving.