Rice cooker ham mac and cheese is a comfort food meal that cooks up, start to finish, in just 15 minutes! It’s made in an electric rice cooker, saving a lot of time on busy weeknights.
Disclosure: As a blogger ambassador for Hamilton Beach, I occasionally receive their appliances to test, review, and keep, free of charge. I used the Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity™ 4-20 Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer to create this recipe for rice cooker ham mac and cheese. I received no additional compensation, and my thoughts on the product are my own.
If you’ve been around this blog for a while, you may already be familiar with my obsession for macaroni and cheese recipes. We’re talking carbs, after all, and generally speaking, when I see carbs, I’m passionately driven to eat them. Things like cheesy ranch biscuits, pasta with clam sauce, and double chocolate cake with chocolate ganache make me swoon.
Macaroni and cheese is a great dish for people on a tight grocery budget, too. Not that I need another reason to eat more of it, but hey, there it is, so I’ll take it.
I’ll share the super easy weeknight dinner recipe in a bit. But first, I’d like to highlight the features of the rice cooker model that I tested.
Product Tested: Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity™ 4-20 Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer
- 4 to 20 cup cooked rice capacity (2 to 10 cups uncooked) gives you the flexibility to cook small or large amounts.
- Select the cooking function, and it does the rest! Pre programmed functions take the guesswork out of preparation, so burned rice is a thing of the past.
- DELAY START lets you prepare for cooking up to 15 hours in advance!
- WHITE RICE function for all varieties of white rice
- WHOLE GRAIN function for brown rice and whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, and barley.
- Cook your favorite rice or pasta mix with the HEAT/SIMMER function, or use it to prepare beans and soups.
- Automatically shifts to WARM setting when WHITE RICE, QUICK RICE, WHOLE GRAIN, and HEAT/SIMMER cooking cycles are complete.
- Steaming tray for vegetables, dumplings, meats, fish, and more.
- Nonstick, removable pot and accessories are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. The lid liner may be removed to wash by hand.
- The unit comes with a rice measuring cup, steamer basket, and a rice paddle.
- Questions are supported by a toll-free call center located in the U.S.
What I love about this rice cooker:
- This rice cooker is perfect for big families or small, especially those on a tight budget.Click To Tweet Rice, pasta, and many healthy grains are inexpensive, and I buy them in bulk, saving us even more money.
- I love that I can make a large batch of rice or quinoa at one time, then use it throughout the week.
- Having the capability to cook meats and vegetables at the same time is a huge plus for me. It’s frustrating for me when I use an appliance that is supposed to prevent me from making a pile of dishes, but then the recipe calls for cooking things on a stove top first. What’s the point of that, anyway? The rice cooker lets you cook everything together, in that one appliance.
- The price is very affordable. The prices I’ve seen prices range from $35 – $45 (USD). In comparison, I found a competing brand of the same size, and with the same features, for $179!
- Having the delay start option is really convenient. If I set the cooker up to make a pot of steel cut oatmeal at night, it’ll turn itself on, and breakfast is waiting for us in the morning.
- As is the case with most of the kitchen appliances that I own, storage is an issue. If you have a large kitchen, or one with lots of storage space, I envy you. The unit really isn’t very large. The dimensions, in inches, are 11.42 H x 11.3 W x 10.59 D. But I live in an apartment with a tiny kitchen and very little counter space. So, until I win the lottery and can afford a dream kitchen, my rice cooker will be stored in my linen closet! 🙂
As promised, here’s the rice cooker ham macaroni and cheese recipe:
If you love Hamilton Beach products like I do, be sure to also check out my review of their 6-quart slow cooker. You can find it in my slow cooker pulled chicken recipe post. I also used it to make slow cooker BBQ sticky rice recipe, and slow cooker cinnamon roll casserole.
If you make this rice cooker ham macaroni and cheese recipe, please come back and leave me a message to let me know what you think. I love hearing from you!
Here are a few more rice cooker recipes for you to try: