This rocky road bundt cake is a wild and wonderful combination of Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich flavors, banana and peanut butter, with the rocky road ingredients of chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. Grab your apron (and maybe your blue suede shoes) and come into the virtual kitchen and we’ll bake up my Elvis on a Rocky Road bundt cake!
I’ve joined some super talented bloggers in a group called Bundt Bakers, and this is my first month participating with them.
Every month, someone in the group is in charge of hosting the event and creating the topic and/or ingredient that everyone’s bundt cake recipe needs to be based on. This month, Laura from Baking in Pyjamas is our host. She selected our theme to be centered around Rocky Road… cookies, chocolate, marshmallow, and nuts. That’s how this rocky road bundt cake creation started. But I didn’t stop there!
The fun part of this group is that we’re all allowed to put our own unique twist on the theme, so as long as some of the rocky road ingredients were used, we were free to get creative. I took that invitation and ran with it!
I am a huge fan of peanut butter and banana flavors in cakes and muffins. Those were also the ingredients in Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich, so I thought I’d combine them with the rocky road ingredients and see what kind of deliciousness I could bake up.
Th only trouble that I had in creating this rocky road bundt cake was with the marshmallow sauce. I don’t know why, exactly, but I couldn’t get it to thicken up. That’s why you see mini marshmallows on top instead of a ribbon of glossy white marshmallow glaze.
I’ve made it successfully before, so I decided to leave it in the recipe for you. If you’d rather not use it, you can join me in putting a marshmallow parade on top of the cake instead.
I think you’re going to love this rocky road bundt cake!
After you’ve taken a look, keep scrolling down to check out the other delicious rocky road themed bundts from my blogging friends!
Check out these other delicious rocky road bundt cake variations:
- Almond, Blueberry & White Chocolate by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Biscoff & Chocolate by Spice Roots
- Blueberry Pecan Cocoa Ripple Cake by Magnolia Days
- Brownie Style by Basic N Delicious
- Cheery Cherry by Our Good Life
- Cherry Chocolate Walnut Bundt by Noshing with the Nolands
- Chocolate Toffee by The Chef Next Door
- Chocolate Chip Bundt with Rocky Road Topping by Baking & Creating with Avril
- Culture Confusion by Food Lust People Love
- Fantasy Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Marshmallow Drenched by Making Miracles
- Mini Rocky Road Bundts with Marshmallow Frosting by Passion Kneaded
- Nutty Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Not Just For Ice Cream Rocky Road Bundt by Tea and Scones
- Rock n’ Roll Rocky Road Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Rocky Road Fudge Bundt Cake by La Cocina De Aisha
- S’more Rocky Road Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Strawberry by Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Toasted Chocolate Almond Bundt Cake by Eat, Drink and Be Mighty
- Triple Chocolate by Simply Veggies
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers, can be found on our home page.