What on Earth are Wired Piggy S’mores Cupcakes, Becca?! I’m so glad you asked! Chocolate cupcakes are studded with coffee and bacon, then topped with decadent marshmallow creme, graham crackers, and a little more bacon and chocolate. That awesome jolt of caffeine is sure to have you squealing “wheee wheee wheee” all the way home! Top that goodness with some online grocery coupon deals and you’ve got yourself a serious amount of happiness from this easy dessert!
This recipe post is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its sponsor. I was paid for writing this recipe and post, but as always, all thoughts and opinions stated here are my very own.
Hey gang! I’m beyond excited about today’s recipe for s’mores cupcakes. Not just because they have bacon in them. Bacon Month is only one reason to be excited! I’m also thrilled that, thanks to my friends at #CollectiveBias (for giving me the opportunity to make them) and Walmart (for giving me access to amazing savings through printable coupons), these delicious s’mores cupcakes are #PackedWithSavings along with their delicious taste!
Are you ready for some jingle in your pocket? Here’s the skinny, the scoop, the bananas, the deets!
Kraft is offering some amazing coupon deals on a number of their products, and when you see the variety, I think you’ll be excited. Of course, these coupons are only available while print supply lasts, so if you see something that catches your eye, click on the #PackedWithSavings photo below to see if it’s still available to print.
We’re sorry. All coupons have expired.
If you ask me, there’s not a heckuva lot that’s better than saving money, especially with the increasing cost of groceries. Even if you’ve got an awesome job and your bills get paid on time, it can feel nice to have a little extra buffer to use as a special treat or to save up for a rainy day. Oh, wait. Bacon might be better than just about anything, but I’ll avoid being semantic at a time like this. Le’t bake some s’mores cupcakes instead, m’kay?
Making Wired Piggy S’mores Cupcakes
1. Fry up some Oscar Mayer bacon until it’s nice and crispy. Let it drain on paper toweling while you prepare your cupcake batter.
2. Make the batter for your favorite chocolate cupcakes. CLICK HERE to see the recipe I used. Before you mix it up, brew yourself a nice cup of Maxwell House coffee, because you’ll need to add some into the batter. In lieu of this, you can add 1 teaspoon of unbrewed instant coffee granules.
3. Crumble the bacon up very finely (I used a food chopper and it made the work a whole lot less messy) and sprinkle it over the cupcake batter. Don’t stir it in or all of your bacon will sink to the bottom of your cupcakes.
4. After they come out of the oven, transfer them to a wire rack while you set up your toppings; graham cracker crumbs, chocolate pieces, a little more bacon, and marshmallows or marshmallow creme. I decided to use the creme for easier spreadability. If you want to use mini marshmallows, I suggest that you apply a thin layer of vanilla frosting to the top of the cupcakes, sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs onto it, then adhere the marshmallows to it.
5. After you’ve applied the marshmallow and graham cracker crumbs to the top of your s’mores cupcakes, you’ll need to use a kitchen torch or a broiler to toast up your topping. IMPORTANT: Do NOT add the chocolate bar to the top of your cupcakes until after you’ve toasted the marshmallows.
Well, unless you enjoy melted chocolate on your cupcakes and possibly in your lap… in which case, have an ooey gooey good time!
So what do you think? Are you ready to get #PackedWithSavings and #FeedYourStomach with some of these cupcakes?
- Chocolate cupcake batter for 18 cupcakes (See notes if you're not using my recipe)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 6 graham cracker squares, crushed into crumbs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- 18 small squares of milk chocolate (I used 2 Hershey bars)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place liners into 18 wells of a cupcake pan.
- Prepare cupcake batter according to directions and fill liners 3/4 way full.
- Sprinkle cooked & crumbled bacon over each cupcake; place pan into oven and bake according to the directions of your recipe. Remove pan from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- After cupcakes have cooled, apply a thin layer of marshmallow creme (or frosting) to the top of each cupcake. Sprinkle with a pinch of graham cracker crumbs and a few pieces of chopped bacon.
- Use a kitchen torch or oven broiler to toast the marshmallow, then insert a piece of chocolate into the frosting of each cupcake, for garnish.
- Serve and get some wired piggy s'mores cupcakes into your stomach!