I really appreciate simple things in life. Things that don't require me to think until my brain hurts. Like puzzles with less than 50 pieces, assembly directions with WORDS as well as photos, and ALL WEATHER tires. Good gravy...Do I look like the kind of girl who'd want to change my tires with the seasons? Umm... no.
Now that I've mentioned it, who really DOES want to change their tires with the seasons?! Strange people, I suppose. They exist everywhere. Or perhaps those bulky weight lifter people. I suppose lifting a tire for a weight lifter is the equivalent of me picking up a piece of toast. Hey, to each their own.
Oh, and I also appreciate packaged food products that have less than 8 ingredients AND it's possible to pronounce all of said ingredients without possessing a Masters degree in biochemistry. SO much simpler (and less fear factor!) It's one of the reasons that I approve of the use of butter over
chemically modified, petroleum based, 15 ingredients of weirdness margarine. I just don't get in to slathering tasteless, greasy calories onto my food when there are tastier, healthier, simpler choices available. Like Land O' Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil. 3 simple ingredients... sweet cream, canola oil, and salt. Period. Truthfully, the fact that the company has been around for 90 years AND that the sweet cream comes from a farmer-owned cooperative in the Midwest makes me feel a little bit proud to use it. Really! I guess I'm just a wholesome, simple girl lovin' a wholesome, simple product. Kind of endearing, don't you think?
So of course, I was super excited when the folks at Land O' Lakes® contacted me to see if I'd be interested in trying out their spreadable Butter with Canola Oil. I've been using their stick butter products for years, but strangely enough, I'd never tried the spread. I knew I'd be in for great taste, so of course I said yes! Then they sweetened the pot by offering some freebies for me AND for you! What can I say besides THANKS, Land O' Lakes®... you are AWESOME people! I'll give you the details on the giveaway in just a bit. You're gonna LOVE it!
Coincidentally, the day I went grocery shopping to pick up my free sample of the butter, I received a shipment from The Pampered Chef. Inside the box were some of the new Spring/Summer products (being launched on March 1st)
I flipped through the new Seasons Best recipe collection and the recipe for twice baked potato bites sounded like the PERFECT side dish to make using the Butter with Canola Oil, because like the butter, the recipe ALSO has very few ingredients. It's also a dish that is made in less than 10 minutes, so I think it was kismet that the products both arrived at my house on the same day. Oh, and let me tell you, the recipe and the butter I used to make it...they're a match made in Heaven!
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 10 medium (about 2 1/4 in. diameter) sized red skinned potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 Tablespoons Land O' Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Red Chili & Lemongrass sea salt (available from the Mystic Blue Spice Company)
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 green onions (scallions), cleaned, trimmed, and green ends thinly sliced
- Cut potatoes in half crosswise. Carefully scoop out a 1/2-inch deep well from the center of each potato half (such as Pampered Chef item #1176 "Core & More")
- Arrange potato halves, well side up, into a microwave safe pan (such as PC item #1342 "Small RIdged Baker")
- Using a pastry brush, apply the melted to the tops of the potato halves and sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of the sea salt.
- Cover potatoes with parchment paper or microwaveable safe paper toweling. Microwave on high power for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- While potatoes are baking, shred and grate the cheeses (I used PC item #1277 "Rotary Grater")
- In a Small Batter Bowl (PC item #2233) combine cheeses, bacon, remaining tablespoon of salt, mayonnaise, and sour cream.
- Remove dish from microwave when potatoes are tender and use a small scoop or spoon to scoop cheese evenly into potato halves. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH power for 2 minutes, or until cheese mixture is melted.
- Remove pan from microwave and sprinkle with thinly sliced scallions
THE GIVEAWAY ENDED ON 2/25/13
So I mentioned a GIVEAWAY, and HERE IT IS!
The nice folks at Land O' Lakes gave me these great goodies, and they're giving one away to a lucky It's Yummilicious reader as well!
GIVEAWAY "Fine Print": This giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. I apologize to my International friends! This giveaway is in no way affiliated with, endorsed, promoted, or supported by Facebook. This giveaway will be open for entries from midnight EST, February 20 through 11:59 pm EST February 24, 2013 The winner of the giveaway will be notified via EMAIL, using the email address submitted with their entry, and will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is selected. Disclosure: I received a free product coupon and a gift package from Land O’Lakes, including multi-purpose spreaders, a cutting board, and multi-tier oven rack in exchange for recipe development and review of Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil. All opinions are my own. ENTRY RULES To receive an entry into this drawing, leave a comment on this blog post, including your answer to BOTH of these two questions: "Have you ever used Land O' Lakes products before? If YES, which is your favorite? What's your favorite recipe to make that uses butter?
I will select a winner at random, using a random number generator. The winner will be notified via email and also announced on my FACEBOOK PAGE
If you're interested in learning more about products from The Pampered Chef, my Facebook page can help you with that as well!