Barbecue Ranch Chicken for comfort food goodness in one bite. Under 10 ingredients and in under 30 minutes needed to make this chicken dinner. All of the barbecue-and-ranch-lovers will absolutely devour this dinner.
I don’t know about you but we need more quick and easy dinners for these weeknights now summer is coming to a close.
This barbecue ranch chicken is the solution. All you need is just 7 ingredients to pull this chicken dinner together. Prepare it in under 15 minutes and pop it in the oven.
This is our fall back on meal honestly. There are times we omit the fresh roma tomatoes and make our own ranch seasoning when we are looking for a quick dinner. I don’t know about you but there it ALWAYS a bottle of barbecue and cheese in the refrigerator and frozen chicken in the freezer.
Making this barbecue ranch chicken into a full meal
Our BBQ Slow Cooker Rice is pretty tasty too.
If you want to add a bit more of a complete meal with this chicken you can add riced cauliflower for a low carb option or even pre-cooked rice to the dish. Place it on the bottom of the casserole dish so all the delicious juices from the barbecue and ranch go into the rice and it is divine.
Side note: This Healthy Chicken Waldorf Salad is something you’ll want to make another time for a quick and delicious dinner.
How to make this chicken dinner low carb
You can easily make this dish fully low carb but substituting the barbecue sauce for sugar-free barbecue sauce. Then if you want to add riced cauliflower that would continue to make it low carb as well.
The rest of it is history and easy peasy to make for dinner tonight. All of it with those low carb swaps would be 8 Net Carbs.
Can you meal-prep and freeze it?
Yesssssss. We are all about being able to meal-prep and freeze. Simply omit the cheese.
Add chicken breasts, ranch seasoning, barbecue sauce and tomatoes (You can add the precooked rice/cauli-rice at this point too if you’d like) to a freezer friendly sealable bag.
Defrost and lay into an oiled casserole dish. Bake according to time as the recipe and follow instructions from Step#4 onwards.
As I said, we are all about meal-prepping now that summer is over. Have you tried our meal prep oatmeal jars yet? Best breakfast ever. Now we’ve got this tasty quick dinner so I think we are all set for the week!
Other recipes with chicken you might like:
- Chicken Fajita Cheeseburgers
- Low Carb Chicken Casserole with Spaghetti Squash
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Sliders
Barbecue Ranch Chicken
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, (skinless and boneless)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 Tablespoons dry ranch mix
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, , chopped
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (12 oz) packaged of riced cauliflower, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Grease 9x13 casserole dish with olive oil. (Dish must be large enough to allow chicken breasts to be in a single layer)
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken breasts and add to prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle ranch mix over chicken, then chopped tomatoes and then barbecue sauce. **See Notes if adding rice**
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165F internal temperature. Top with shredded cheese and pop back into the oven for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.