This cookie bars recipe is a blend of white chocolate, blueberry preserves, and Hershey Cookies and Cream Drops. It’s a sweet treat that everyone will love.
Just about every day, all across the foodie blogosphere, you can search and find someone who’s hosting a recipe link-up, share-a-meal, or bake along. Personally, I love them. I think they’re a great way to meet some fabulous new foodies, find some recipe inspiration, and just have fun with food!
One of said events that I enjoy participating in is the weekly bake-along hosted by Danielle from Hugs & Cookies xoxo. Danielle’s site is super adorable and loaded with yummi desserts. She’s the queen of confections, too, so be sure to stop over and show her some love. Your sweet tooth will thank you.
When I received Danielle’s email, photo, and recipe for this week’s bake along treat, White Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Bars, a recipe that she adapted from Nestle, I got all giddy inside and went a little crazy… BTW, I don’t recommend licking a computer monitor when you see a yummy dessert photo on it. It tastes nothing like you’d expect it should.
Anyway, because of my love for all things raspberry, I was confident that I’d have the ingredients I needed to bake up a batch of the goodies. Good thing I’m not a betting girl, because I would have lost my stretchy pants over that bet. Old Yummi’s cupboard was completely barren of preserves, and I only had a half cup of white chocolate chips!
SOUND THE ALARMS… CALL THE AIR FORCE… I needed some back up!
When the cute men in uniform failed to show up at my door, I had to put on my creativity cap and find a way to make the recipe work.
I didn’t have enough white chocolate, but I did have a bag of Hershey Cookies and Cream Drops. I didn’t have any preserves either, but I did have a bag of blueberries in my freezer, so I put them into a saucepan, added a little sugar, and cooked them down into a wonderful blueberry compote.
A little brain power went a long way that day!
Here, my yummi friends, is my take on Danielle’s wonderfully sweet treat:
I think one of the greatest things about this dessert is that you truly can use any filling that fits your fancy. I think if you made them with cherry preserves and used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the servings, you’d have a sweet Valentines treat.
I hope that you enjoy these cookie bars!
Oh, and if you want more cookie bars, be sure to also check out my recipe for Chunky Monkey Cereal Bars
Blueberry Cookies and Cream Bar Cookies
- HEAT oven to 325° F. Grease and sugar a 9-inch-square baking pan.
- MELT butter in a medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Add the Cookies & Cream drops. DO NOT STIR... just let them sit in the hot butter.
- BEAT eggs in a large mixing bowl until foamy.
- Add sugar and beat until the mixture is light lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the candy-butter mixture.
- Add flour, salt and extract; mix at low speed until combined. Spread 2/3 of batter into the prepared pan.
- BAKE for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven to wire rack.
- HEAT preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Spread jam over warm crust. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips evenly over the preserves.. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter over the jam.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.