If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and healthy brunch idea, my Blueberry Yogurt Dutch Baby Pancake recipe will be exactly what you need to get the brunch party started. Since February is National Pancake Month, I’d say that this recipe is perfectly timed!
When I’m feeling a little down and out of sorts, besides a big plate of bacon and an NCIS marathon, there’s very little that can placate me like blueberry pancakes can. Thing is, I’m a lazy chef who likes to use shortcuts whenever possible. That’s why Dutch baby pancakes (which are neither Dutch, nor made of babies) are the perfect recipe for me. Instead of dropping ladle sized portions of batter onto a skillet, making Dutch baby pancake will allow you to pour all of the batter into a single pan at one time, creating a 9-inch, crispy edged pancake with a nice soft interior. Far different consistency than buttermilk pancakes, but in my opinion, a much BETTER consistency.
The consistency of a Dutch baby pancake is almost like a thin cake. When it comes out of the oven, the pancake will be puffed up, but it’ll immediately sink down in the middle and stay puffed up around the edges. It makes for a great presentation, don’t you think?
Because the blueberries were so sweet on their own, all I wanted to add to the top of my pancake was a little extra Stonyfield vanilla yogurt. Blueberry yogurt Dutch baby pancake, anyone? It’s yummi!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS YUMMI RECIPE, and if you haven’t already done so, please sign up here to get new recipes of mine as SOON as they’re published, sent straight to your inbox!
Email me Chef Bec’s Recipes
Blueberry Yogurt Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
A traditional Dutch Baby pancake recipe has been kicked up a notch with the addition of healthy, low fat, Stonyfield yogurt and plump, juicy blueberries.
- 2.2 ounces (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or half & half)
- 1/4 cup Stonyfield Organic Nonfat Vanilla yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (4 Tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (see notes)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Grease a 9-inch cast iron or oven proof skillet with butter or oil
- In a blender or medium bowl (with a whisk), blend together the flour, milk, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Melt the butter in the skillet on the stove top, over medium high heat. Once melted, distribute the blueberries across the bottom of the skillet and carefully pour the pancake batter into the pan, making sure to entirely cover the bottom.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and wait one minute before using a spatula to transfer the pancake to a serving plate.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and a dollop of vanilla yogurt and serve with your favorite pancake toppings.
If you're using frozen blueberries, add them into the pan when you add the butter. If using fresh, add them after the butter has melted.
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!