In the world of chocolate desserts, brownies are one of those treats that appeal to the masses. Whether you’re a fan of the chewy gooey or the bakey cakey variety, a well made brownie is sure to bring a smile to even the grumpiest of grumps, and a toffee caramel brownie will send you swooning!
That being said, it goes beyond the consistency with me. If I were to start thumbing through the awesome brownie recipes I’ve come across, the endless variations on the basic brownie theme would have my heart going pitter pat long into the evening. If you don’t believe me, just hook up with me on Pinterest and do a search for brownies. It’s a surefire way to make you drool all over yourself.
Ready to bake? Give these toffee caramel brownies a try and see if you don’t die and go to brownie Heaven. YUM!
I created these caramel brownies on a whim one afternoon. I had some caramel buttercream frosting left over from when I had made Snickers cupcakes and I sure wasn’t going to let it go to waste. I also had a bag of toffee chips and a package of Rolos in my baking cabinet that had been calling my name. I knew that Brian would want to share these with his coworkers, so I decided to bake them in cupcake liners to make them easier for him to serve. Fudgey brownies stuffed with chocolate and caramel, topped with that sinful frosting and a smattering of toffee chips. OH. EM. GEE.
As I had hoped, they were a grand slam home run. Winner winner caramel brownies for dinner!
Toffee Caramel Brownies
- 1 pkg Brownie mix mixed according to directions on box or recipe
- 6 Rolo candies cut in half
- 1 cup crushed toffee pieces
- caramel buttercream frosting
- Line a standard cupcake tin with 12 paper liners. Spray each lightly with non-stick spray.
- Fill each liner 1/3 full with brownie batter and place a Rolo into each liner.
- Place more batter into each liner, filling each one approximately 3/4 full. Sprinkle toffee pieces on the top of each brownie before baking.
- Bake brownies according to directions and allow them to cool completely before frosting them with caramel buttercream. Sprinkle with more toffee pieces if desired.