Cheesy bacon jalapeno bites pack a little punch and are guaranteed to be crowd pleasing game day snacks, Great for easy after school snacks for the kids, too.
BREAKING NEWS: Last week, right after I posted my Slow Cooker Italian Chicken recipe for the Secret Recipe Club, I learned about an orphan that needed a home, so I rescued her. I’m serious! Her name is Nichole. She’s really sweet and super talented. She even knows how to cook and bake! I’m completely smitten with her.
Nichole’s not the kind of orphan you’re probably thinking of, though.
She doesn’t need a new place to live, because she has a home of her own in Maryland. She lives there with her husband, Tom, and a couple of adorable fur babies. Nichole is the blogger behind Cookaholic Wife, and she’s in the Secret Recipe Club with me. For reasons unknown, the blogger who was supposed to make a recipe from her blog wasn’t able to do so. That’s why she was deemed an orphan, and that’s why I adopted her! I’m going to show you how to make her recipe for cheesy bacon jalapeno bites.
In addition to her love for cooking, Nichole is a beach lover. So much of one that she sports a killer tattoo on her left ankle. Look at this!
I knew I needed to make a quick and easy recipe of Nichole’s, but I had a hard time choosing what to make. Her recipe for pumpkin cheesecake looks amazing, and so does her bacon lover’s mac & cheese. I’ll definitely be going back to grab those recipes to make soon!
My priority: Find a recipe using ingredients already in my pantry. Thanks to bacon month, I have plenty of bacon in the fridge. As I scrolled through Nichole’s appetizer recipes, I saw her cheesy bacon jalapeno bites recipe. I have some organic jalapenos from a recent organic produce delivery, so BINGO!
My mind set on making cheesy bacon jalapeno bites, I press on.
Bec’s Recipe Tip:
For the safety of your eyes and mucus membranes, take extreme caution when slicing and seeding jalapeno peppers!
If you have latex or cooking gloves, by all means, put them on before you start the pepper cleaning process. Otherwise, avoid touching your eyes after you’ve handled the peppers, at least until you’ve thoroughly washed your hands. If you accidentally touch your eyes, they’ll feel like they’re being stabbed by a scalding hot kitchen knife. That is no fun at all.
I hope you love these cheesy bacon jalapeno bites. Here’s the recipe!
Cheesy Bacon Jalapeno Bites
- 5 jalapeno peppers
- 2 oz. cream cheese or cheese spread (I used Boursin roasted tomato) slightly softened
- 5 slices bacon cut in half vertically
- Heat the oven to 400. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the top of the jalapeno peppers off, then slice each pepper in half; using caution (wear protective gloves if you have them), remove and discard the seeds and inner membranes.
- Use a spoon or your fingers to evenly distribute the softened cheese into each jalapeno piece.
- Wrap each jalapeno piece with 1/2 slice of bacon and if necessary, secure with a toothpick.
- Place the jalapenos onto the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked and the cheese is bubbling.