This banana bread recipe takes a moist, tender banana bread with semi sweet chocolate chips stuffed on the inside and pairs it up with a layer of 3-ingredient chocolate ganache for a yummi delicious snack or dessert that your family will go bananas for!
I made this recipe for my food blogging friend, Tara. She’s the creative genius beyond Noshing with the Nolands. She lives in Canada, but she’s on a trip to Europe for the next two weeks. I’m excited to see pictures and to hear all about her trip. In the meantime, she needed people to guest post recipes for her, so I whipped up this super easy, one bowl banana bread recipe.
In my book, there’s no such thing as too much love for banana bread. Truth be told, I currently have 7 banana bread themed recipes in my recipe database. They all use similar banana bread ingredients as a base, but they’re all uniquely their own.
In some cases, I’ve added extra ingredients, like in this peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread recipe, or I’ve made the bread healthier, like in my low carb banana bread bites, or I’ve morphed them into a complete different dish, like I did when I made banana bread waffles.
When I was deciding how to top the bread this time, I chose my 3-ingredient chocolate ganache recipe because it doesn’t require any heavy whipping cream (which is super expensive right now), and because I love the way it sets up on top of the bread. It creates a nice thick layer of chocolate for your teeth to sink into. I’m talking yummi goodness, here.
I hope you love this banana bread recipe!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 11/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate ganache
- Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon or whisk, mix butter into the mashed bananas.
- Add peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips, mixing just until combined (all lumps of flour should be incorporated)
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4-inch x 8-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Use an offset spatula to apply as much chocolate ganache to the top of the bread as you'd like, then slice and serve.
For more delicious banana bread recipes, be sure to check out my Decadent Desserts Pinterest board!