Today is Chocolate Peanut Butter Day, so I made Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Doughnuts to celebrate! Bite sized chocolate doughnuts covered with peanut butter frosting and chocolate covered pretzels. Perfect for the chocolate peanut butter lover in your life.
This chocolate peanut butter party is hosted by:
Thirty bloggers and I are sharing our favorite chocolate peanut butter recipes, ranging from cookies and bars to scones and muffins. Follow the hashtag #chocPBday on social media to share your chocolate peanut butter recipes with us. Looking for recipes all in one place? Follow our Pinterest board.
~ I used a mini doughnut maker to bake these in, but this recipe will also work for making full size cake doughnuts baked up in a doughnut pan. You’ll just need to bake them at 350 F for 18 minutes or so, until the cake springs back when lightly poked. Come to think of it, you could even make this recipe in mini muffin tins, or traditional cupcake tins! However, you’ll want to double the recipe if you’re making larger sized treats.
Because I wanted to cut some of the “naughtiness” out of these doughnuts, I substituted low carb baking mix for the all-purpose flour, and I used a non-GMO, cup-for-cup sugar substitute instead of granulated sugar.
If you don’t mind a few extra calories, use the traditional ingredients. I won’t tell anyone!
Bite-sized chocolate cake doughnuts are covered with peanut butter icing and chocolate covered pretzels. It's a lower carb chocolate peanut butter lover's dream treat!
- 4.4 ounces (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) granulated sugar substitute (cup-for-cup variety)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 ounce (2 Tablespoons) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (1/4 liquid cup) unsweetened almond milk, or regular milk
- Peanut Butter Glaze
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or regular milk
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup broken chocolate covered pretzels (or regular pretzels)
- Use a pastry brush to coat wells of a doughnut maker (or the wells of a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together low carb baking mix, almond flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum. Stir in eggs, melted butter, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Add almond milk and stir until smooth.
- Fill wells of doughnut maker, or fill wells of doughnut pan 2/3rds full. Bake according to doughnut maker's instructions, or 18 to 20 minutes if using a doughnut pan, or until set and donuts spring back when touched. Flip out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Once doughnuts have cooled, spread with peanut butter frosting and sprinkle with chocolate covered pretzel pieces.
- Makes 12 mini donuts or about 6 regular sized doughnuts
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 109kcal Calories from fat 45|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!
If my chocolate peanut butter doughnuts aren’t enough for you, take a look at what the rest of the bloggers made.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse Parfait by Hip Foodie Mom
- Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Sandwich Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Crumb Parfait by Hungry Couple
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cup Swirl Brownies by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Buckeye Cheesecake Bars by Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Scones by All Day I Dream About Food
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Jam Bars by Poet in the Pantry
- Crunchy Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cannolis by Souffle Bombay
- 4 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Neighborfood
- Mini Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars by Crumb: A Food Blog
- Chocolate Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle by Kelli’s Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Kelly Bakes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Biscotti by Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Chunky Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies by Snappy Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cheesecake Filling by Overtime Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cinnamon Rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Chocolate-Covered Peanut Butter Blondies by What Smell’s So Good
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Earthquake Cake by I Wash You Dry
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares by Food Lust People Love
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Chocolate Peanut Butter Krispie Cheesecake Bars by Food Faith Fitness
I’d like to give a a HUGE thank you to our sponsors! Here’s where you can find and follow them:
Disclosure: The prizes for the giveaway held as a part of this event were provided by the Sponsors. None of the bloggers associated with this giveaway were compensated in any way for their participation. We did it simply to celebrate our love of chocolate and peanut butter!