Mini cinnamon roll cookies are a sweet cookie that looks and tastes like a warm cinnamon roll. Sprinkled lightly with cinnamon sugar and topped with melted white chocolate, these cookies belong on your Christmas cookie platter!
Disclosure: Affiliate links may appear in this post. If you click through and make a purchase, the cost to you is not increased, but I receive a small compensation from the merchant. I use the funds to offset the cost of running this website. Thank you for your support of It's Yummi!
What’s better than shipping three food bloggers home baked cinnamon roll cookies? Receiving cookies from them in return!!
I am super excited to take part in this year’s Facebook Cookie Swap. I had a wonderful time baking cookies for my three recipients. In return, I received a dozen cookies from each of three participants. Elizabeth sent “Food of the Gods” cake, Sarah sent Java Chocolate Snowcap cookies, and Lishie baked Hot Cocoa Marshmallow cookies! All of the cookies are being delightfully enjoyed!
I made these mini cinnamon roll cookies for my end of the swap, and according to the recipients, they are a yummi treat!
I used a recipe from Taste of Home to make these cookies. It is a really easy recipe, and they’re fun to make, too. My short patience loves the fact that the dough doesn’t require any chilling before being placed onto the cookie sheets.
My cookie recipients live on the east coast of the U.S. and I live in Wisconsin, so I adapted the cookie recipe so that it would ship well. I used melted white chocolate instead of a traditional powdered sugar glaze, and it worked out wonderfully! I think royal icing would also have held up well for shipping purposes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for mini cinnamon roll cookies!
Oh, and if you’re looking for more easy Christmas cookies to make, give these delicious recipes a try!
Mini Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Heat conventional oven to 350° F (325 convection)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1-1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, 1 tablespoon honey and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into a 6-inch log. In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; roll log in cinnamon-sugar. Loosely coil log into a spiral shape; place on a
- greased baking sheet. Repeat, placing cookies 1 in. apart. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, melt baking chocolate with remaining honey; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!