These turkey burgers have earthy spices, ground coffee, and a hint of cocoa. They’re healthy, delicious, and easy to cook up for dinner any night of the week.
Disclosure: Affiliate links may appear in this post. If you click through and make a purchase, the cost to you is not increased, but I receive a small compensation from the merchant. I use the funds to offset the cost of running this website. Thank you for your support of It's Yummi!
The relaxing weekend flew by and manic Monday has arrived once again. I don’t know about you, but I had a horrendous argument with my wake-up alarm this morning. It kept ragging on me to get out of bed and I kept throwing insults back at it in an effort to get it to shut up.
Typical Monday routine…even if I AM a little bit excited about being able to finally go back to work today. Two weeks of R&R after my surgery is plenty, thank you very much.
Another activity that’s par for the course on Mondays is coffee! I always need an extra jolt (or twenty) of caffeine to help me get my Monday motor running. Thank goodness I have THIS and a batch of my cinnamon streusel cupcakes to help me with my morning routine! Be sure to click the photo to save it to Pinterest, because these are amazing on a Sunday morning!
If I’m still standing at lunch time, I might stand a fighting chance of making it through the rest of the day. I think I’ll make it a sure thing by grilling up one of these bad boy coffee rubbed turkey burgers today.
If you’re shaking your head in disgust at the thought of adding coffee to your turkey burgers, let me assure you that it’s anything but disgusting. Giving your burger a massage of spices that are a little bit smoky, a little bit spicy, and a whole lot of rock ‘n roll is nothing short of yummi, and it results in one heck of an awesome coffee rubbed burger!
I hope you love this turkey burgers recipe!
Coffee Rubbed Burgers
These coffee rubbed burgers are a little bit smoky, spicy, and sweet all put together into a juicy ground turkey patty. Healthy and fully loaded with yummi flavor, they'll be a hit on the dinner table.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, divided equally 4 ways and formed into patties
- 1 Tablespoon ground coffee beans
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, finely ground
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a spice grinder, food processor, or using a mortar & pestle, combine all of the spices. (If you don’t have any of those tools, place the spices into a zip-top plastic bag and close the top. Use a rolling pin to crush and blend the spices together.
- Liberally apply the seasoning blend to both sides of each patty. Rub the spices in so that it will form a nice crust when you cook it.
- The burgers can be grilled, fried in a pan, or even cooked under a broiler. Be sure to use proper food safety practices by cooking them until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 163 degrees for optimal safety.
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!