Cold Asian Noodle Salad is one of the best ways to get a good helping of fresh veggies. This Asian salad is fresh and zingy. Perfect for both lunches and dinners.
This cold Asian Noodle Salad is one of those recipes you can feel GOOD about. Don’t be put off that we call this a salad. It is better described as a pasta dish with veggies. 😉
We love when pasta meals are filled with veggies, it’s such a good way of enjoying the vegetables. It honestly is one of the meals that my vegetable hating husband actually enjoys. The noodles and zesty sauce perfectly balances with the soba noodles and veggies.
How to Make Asian Noodle Salad
It is a rather simple dish to pull together. I know that some might consider skipping the step of cooking the vegetables, but don’t. In fact, you’ll want to cook both the vegetables and then the noodles.
How to Cook Asian Noodle Salad?
- Simply prep your ingredient ahead of time and thinly slice your veggies.
- You’ll want to cook your noodles in a large pot according to the direction on the package. You will want to slightly undercook the noodles at this stage to allow them to fully fry up with the vegetables.
- Separately you’ll want to saute the vegetables up for about 3 minutes before adding your sauce and adding the cooked noodles back into the pan.
What kind of noodles to use in a Asian Noodle Salad
You can truly use any noodles that you want for this recipe. We are personally partial to soba noodles but there are a few other options.
- Ramen – using ramen noodles for our noodle salad is a fantastic alternative.
- Spaghetti – these noodles are pretty decent in a pinch.
- Any variety – you can use bow ties, fusilli or any size or shape pasta you have on hand. Note: depending the variety it might not hold the sauce as nicely but really shouldn’t bother anyone too much.
This Asian Noodle Salad is naturally vegetarian but if you should like to add soy-sauce marinated chicken to the dish I can strongly recommend. Simply, marinate chicken breasts in soy sauce and garlic for a few hours before cooking.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Asian Noodle Salad
- 4 ounces somen noodles
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber , (apprx 6inches in length)
- 1 large carrot, (peeled, 6 inches in length)
- 2 large scallions, , finely chopped
Asian Noodle Dressing
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, , finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons Mirin **
- 1 Tablespoons squeezable ginger
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Optional juice from half of lime, cilantro and more scallions.
- Start by prepping ingredients as this recipe moves very fast. Julian the vegetables into very thin pieces.
- Cook the noodles in a large pot or wok for 3 minutes (or according to directions on package). We want the noodles slightly underdone so they can fry up quickly with the vegetables.
- Strain the finished noodles from the pot and add the canola oil. Over medium-low heat add the vegetables and garlic to saute briefly. Only about 3 minutes.
- Combine all other sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
- Add the noodles and sauce back to the pot and stir. Plate and top with scallions and other optional toppings. Serve warm or cold.