Cheesy crab bites are one of those low carb appetizers that disappear so quickly, you’ll need to make a triple batch of them. Mini bell peppers are filled with cream cheese, bacon, and crab, then topped with crispy pork rinds and baked until golden and bubbly. It’s a gluten free, low carb recipe that you’ll make so often, you’ll have the recipe memorized!
Bite Sized Cheesy Crab Sliders
I love making “poppable”, bite sized foods like I did with today’s low carb crab appetizers. I suppose the real reason for that is to help with portion control, but truthfully, I have to say that there’s no way I could stop after eating just one of these hot cheesy crab sliders. They’re just too good! That’s why I’m glad they are just 3 Weight Watcher’s Smart Points each… 2 crab bites times 3 points = 6 Smart Points. That still leaves me with plenty of Points left for the day.
Besides using them for low carb appetizers, don’t you think the crab bites would be yummi for game day snacks? I plan to make a lot of them this football season. I think hot or cold, crab is just one of the best ingredients to add to party appetizer recipes.
If you want another low carb appetizer to make with bell peppers, go check out my recipe for steak fajita bites, too. They are super easy to put together, also low carb, and of course, completely yummi!
More Favorite Low Carb Appetizers:
- Bunless Cheeseburger Bites, from SugarFree Mom.
- Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks, from Real Housemoms.
- Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites, from All Day I Dream About Food.
If you try any of my low carb appetizer recipes, but especially this crab bites recipe, will you please do me a favor? Come back and leave a comment and a rating on the recipe. Not only does it help me to know what types of recipes you like, but your comments and ratings help other readers know how well the recipe turned out for you. Thanks so much!
How to Make Cheesy Crab Bites:
Low Carb Cheesy Crab Bites
- 6 mini bell peppers, washed, seeded, and sliced in half from top to bottom
- 6 ounces crab meat, finely chopped
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, (6 Tablespoons)
- 1.5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed pork rinds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange peppers cut side up on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Add bacon to a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and continue to cook 4-5 minutes more, until bacon is crisp and onions are translucent. Take pan off heat and transfer onions and bacon to paper toweling to drain. (You won't need the grease.)
- Add remaining ingredients, except pork rinds, to a mixing bowl. Stir with a large spoon to combine everything until creamy, then add the onions and bacon and stir to combine.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of filling into each of the bell pepper halves. Top with crushed pork rinds and place pan into oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until peppers have softened and mixture is hot and bubbly.