Puff pastry dessert recipe is part of a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.
Despite a recent fall off of the healthy eating wagon, I intend to continue my quest to be fit in my fifties. Even if I don’t lose all of the weight, I’m making baby steps to better health.
Imagine if you and I and everyone we know made just one small, smart decision to better the Earth every day. Nothing major…just little things like taking shorter showers, picking up trash from the side of a street, or recycling cartons and cans instead of throwing them into the garbage with the rest of the waste that will sit in landfills for eternity.
In my efforts to be conscious about the packaging that I buy my products in, I was happy to learn about Pacific Foods. Their products come in Tetra Pak containers, made from 70% paper that’s made from selectively harvested trees. What the heck does that mean?
Sweet and simple…it’s better for the environment! The packaging is green-worthy for sure, but even better is that the products take up 1/3 less space in my pantry than similar products from other manufacturers do. There are LOADS of products available, but here are the ones that I had the opportunity to sample.
Extra love for the fact that the products are organic and delicious!
The jellied cranberry sauce is in the cranberry caramel puff pastry dessert. Scroll down for the recipe!
I’m not kidding, gang, it tastes delicious, and it’s a primary ingredient in this puff pastry dessert recipe.
This puff pastry dessert looks fancy, but it’s super simple to make!
Cranberry Caramel Puff Pastry Squares
Light, flaky puff pastry squares are layered with seasoned cranberries and whipped cream, making a quick and easy dessert. Perfect for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, too!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry (2 puff pastry sheets, approximately 9 x 12 inches each)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 15 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce ( use my recipe or store bought)
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes to soften
- Line 2 baking sheets (9 x 11 inches each) with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, slice each pastry sheet to form 12 even squares (you'll have 24 squares total)
- In a small bowl, lightly beat together egg and water. Use a pastry brush to brush egg wash over the tops of each pastry square. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-18 minutes, or until squares are golden browned and puffed. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix cranberry sauce, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- After squares have cooled, spread a layer of cranberry sauce on top of one pastry square, then add a layer of whipped cream. Place a pastry square on top of the whipped cream and repeat with another layer of cranberries and whipped cream. Top with one more pastry square and drizzle with caramel sauce. Repeat with remaining pastry squares. Eat and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 354kcal Calories from fat 141|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
Oh, and if you’re a Pinterest lover like I am, you can follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest