I’m getting ready to kick my holiday baking recipes into high gear, which is super-secret baker code for I’m going to run my bank account dry on the purchase of baking supplies if I don’t use coupons and sales. The best deals I’ve found are online.
This recipe is gonna make your tummy very happy!
cranberry oatmeal bars
The bars are moist and chewy, with a wonderful sweet-tart combo from the citrus and cranberries.
They’d serve perfectly as a quick breakfast on-the-go, an afternoon snack, or even a nice dessert. You can eat them as is, but since I believe that every dessert tastes better with bacon, chocolate and/or ice cream, I recommend that you finish them off with a drizzle of white chocolate and/or a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. No matter which way you serve them up, the important thing is to enjoy every yummi bite of them!
Here are some of the best online prices that I could find for the baking products you’ll need to make these cranberry oatmeal bars:
And just in case you need a cup of something special to help get you through your stressful holiday baking…
Organic Hot Chocolate Mix
If you love these cranberry oatmeal bars, check out my other cranberry recipes
Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons of butter melted
- 3 tablespoons of orange juice
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups of dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated orange rind
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
Prepare the crust:
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle the butter and orange juice over the flour mixture, stirring until moistened (mixture will be crumbly).
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of the oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7–inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
Prepare the filling:
- Combine the cranberries, sour cream, granulated sugar, flour, vanilla, and rind in a medium bowl.
- Spread the cranberry mixture over the prepared crust. Sprinkle the remaining reserved oat mixture evenly over filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.