Cookie butter peppermint chip cookies, oh my! Sweet dreams are made of easy cookie recipes like this one! When cookie butter meets peppermint chips, you get a sweet holiday cookie.
Disclosure: Affiliate links may appear in this post. If you click through and make a purchase, the cost to you is not increased, but I receive a small compensation from the merchant. I use the funds to offset the cost of running this website. Thank you for your support of It's Yummi!
Last week, I shared a slow cooker Italian meatball soup recipe with you. That was my normal monthly contribution to The Secret Recipe Club. Because of the holidays happening later this month, groups C and D of the SRC won’t be able to participate in their monthly group exchange, so we’ve decided to hold a Secret Recipe Club Cookie Carnival that everyone can participate in!
These cookie butter peppermint chip cookies are adapted from a recipe that is a sweet treat.
Just like the normal SRC events, we’ve been paired up with another blogger to create a cookie recipe of theirs. I was assigned to create a recipe from Baking and Creating with Avril. Avril’s Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies stole my heart from the moment I laid my eyes on them. I almost chose the Nutella Drop Cookies, but then I realized that I’ve already made a few Nutella dessert recipes on this site, so I thought I’d try something else.
Besides, with no Nutella in the house, but a jar of cookie butter on the pantry shelf, the fate wins. Oddly enough, I had no chocolate chips, so I added a festive touch to the cookies, using peppermint chips instead. Avril lives in New Hampshire and loves sharing recipes when she’s not busy as a care-giver. Do yourself a favor and visit her site sometime. There are lots of easy-to-make recipes over there!
There’s one thing I forgot to mention about these cookies. It’s sort of important, especially if you have kids in your house. These cookies are known for their attraction to bears. I didn’t realize how much Bears love cookie butter until I put the cookies on wire rack to cool. Before I could do anything about it, Buddy was stalking the kitchen…
Cookie butter peppermint chip cookies will likely become one of your favorite easy cookie recipes, so PIN THE RECIPE!
Cookie Butter Peppermint Chip Cookies
These soft cookies are a magical blend of cookie butter and peppermint chips. Perfect for any holiday or celebration.
- 4 ounces (8 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cookie butter (peanut butter will also work)
- 7.5 ounces (1 cup) packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg (I used Davidson's Safest Choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5.5 ounces (1.25 cups) flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned (not instant) rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peppermint chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together butter, cookie butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla extract. Mix well all together.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop balls of dough 0.8 ounces each (just under 2 Tablespoons) onto prepared cookie sheets
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes, or until edges are crisp and the center is barely set.
- Remove pans from oven and allow cookies to finish baking as they cool on the cookie sheets.
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!