Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect sweet crispy treats for a Halloween party! They are basic Rice Krispie treats, with a drizzle of chocolate and candy corn added for a festive Halloween touch. Add popsicle sticks and they can easily become Halloween Rice Krispie treats on a stick!
Anyway, a few months ago, when Hasome and I moved into our new home, we found out that there are a lot of kids in our neighborhood. The apartment complex we moved from has lots of kids too, but in the 8 years that we lived there, I can remember just two years when we had any Trick or Treaters show up at our door. I’m not exactly sure why, but I guess it doesn’t matter now. My point is, every house on the street we currently live on has Halloween decorations up, and so do most of the houses in the immediate area. I’m convinced that we’re going to have hundreds of kids knocking on our door this year. So, rather than becoming “those grumpy people who don’t give out candy“, we’ve decided to hop on the Halloween wagon this year.
Most of the Trick or Treaters will get standard Trick or Treat bounty… Twix bars, Tootsie Rolls, and M&M’s. In addition to that, the kids from the few houses to our left and right will get an extra sweet treat. I’m going to give them each Halloween Rice Krispie treats on a stick, wrapped in cute Halloween goodie bags. Who knows? Maybe we’ll become the house everyone tries to visit twice, just because the candy stash is awesome!
How to Make Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
Nearly everyone I know has made crispy treats at least once in their life, but for those of you who haven’t made them yet, now is the time! They’re so flipping easy to make – just 3 ingredients needed to make basic Krispie treats, plus chocolate and candy corn to transform them into easy Halloween Krispie treats. You’re going to need:
marshmallows (standard size or mini marshmallows will work, but mini marshmallows melt easier)crispy rice cereal
chocolate chips (whatever variety you like the best)
If you want to make these into krispie treat pops, just make the recipe as shown below, then use Halloween cookie cutters to make fun shapes. Insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each treat while the treats are still relatively soft.
Now watch this video to see how fun and easy these Halloween Rice Krispie treats are to make, then scroll down for the full recipe and instructions!
I hope you have fun making the Halloween Rice Krispie treats! Leave a comment below if you have other fun Halloween treat ideas!
Oh, and if you’re loving the Halloween themed Rice Krispie treats and want to make more, check out my friend Jennifer’s Krispie Treats Zombie Graveyard!
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows*
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups candy corn
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Grease an 8 x 11-inch baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until well combined.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in crispy rice cereal to combine. Working quickly, stir in most of the candy corn, reserving about 1/4 cup for the top of the treats. Using the back of a buttered wooden spoon or your buttered hands, press mixture evenly into baking pan. While treats are still warm, press additional candy corn pieces into the top of the treats.
- Using a microwave or double burner, melt chocolate chips. Transfer melted chocolate to a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip, or to a small zip top plastic bag with one corner snipped off. Drizzle chocolate across the bars.
- Allow chocolate to set before slicing treats into squares. Alternatively, use cookie cutters to make fun shapes from the Krispie treats.
*or 40 standard marshmallows
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!