Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Brownies are the bomb dot com! If you love those famous Thin Mints cookies, and you love cheesecake just as much, you’re going to love this dessert recipe! It’s everything a great brownie should be. Chocolate and fudgy, but swirled with a layer of delicious minty cream cheese.
If there’s one thing I look forward to about winter in Wisconsin, it’s Girl Scout cookie time! Cutie patootie girls delivering me boat loads of my beloved Thin Mints cookies… *swoon*
However, I recently stumbled upon the knock-off version of that awesomesauce cookie at my local grocery store. Buy yourself some of these mint cookies, my friends!
When I bit into one of them, all I could say was sha-zam! They aren’t exactly the same as the green boxed version, but they are gosh darned close! At least now I know that no matter what time of year it is, I can chow down on a couple of frozen cookies. Whaaat?! You don’t eat them frozen?! You totally should… please just trust me on this.
My obsession with chocolate mint cookies is not too far above my adoration for cheesecake, so when I came across this recipe for chocolate mint cheesecake brownies over at Sweet Pea’s Kitchen, I just knew I had to make myself a batch pronto! After I had finished drooling all over myself, I sat down and savored one of these babies. Have you ever wondered what dessert must be like up in Heaven? Wonder no more, because you’re about to taste the chocolate mint cheesecake brownies that certainly must be on every dessert table in Heaven!
Make a batch of these cheesecake brownies and you’ll be flyin’ high in the clouds.
Oh, and if you’re into chocolaty mint cheesecake brownies, you’re a dessert lover who should also check out my recipe for Snicker’s Cheesecake Bars!
Another chocolate mint treat you might enjoy are my THIN MINT TRUFFLE CUPCAKES. They have a Thin Mint truffle on the inside of a chocolaty cupcake, and they’re topped with chocolate mint frosting. They taste amazing!
If you try these mint cheesecake brownies (and I hope that you will!), please come back and leave a rating for the recipe. I’d love to know what you think of them!
Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Brownies
Decadent chocolate mint brownies, swirled with a layer of cream cheese and cookies. OH so delicious!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped mint cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 convection oven). Spray the bottom and sides of an 8-inch metal baking pan with non-stick spray. Put a long piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan, letting the parchment extend up two sides of the pan and overhang slightly on both ends. (This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan after they have baked.) Spray the parchment.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in sugar and bring to a boil, whisking frequently; boil 1 minute. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and peppermint extract until combined, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and salt; whisk until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs until combined. Whisk in melted butter-sugar mixture until well combined. Stir in flour mixture until just combined, then stir in the mint cookies.
- Spread half of brownie batter into the prepared baking dish, followed by cream cheese layer. Distribute the remaining brownie mixture in 8 dollops over the cheesecake layer and spread evenly. Swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, until brownies and cheesecake are set. A knife inserted into the cheesecake mixture should come out clean and the edges will be lightly browned.
- Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack before lifting out the parchment paper to remove the brownies.
This post was originally published on July 23, 2012. I’ve made a couple of Pin-worthy images, but I hope to get these made again and take new photos for you, soon!