Monster cookies are the ultimate oatmeal cookie and a great dessert or after school snack. Chewy cookies loaded with rolled oats, chocolate chips, and M&M’s. This monster cookies recipe is perfect for your sweet tooth!
As many of you know, I have a culinary degree, so I try to use my cooking knowledge & skills now and then, but if you take a browse through my recipe index, you’ll find that there are more desserts than anything else. I have a serious sweet tooth, gang, what can I say?! That’s why I had to make you these monster cookies!
I wish I had a bit more talent in the decorating department, but hand eye coordination isn’t my forte. That’s why, despite many attempts at creating masterpieces, you won’t see too many gorgeous cakes on this blog. I have made a couple of pretty cakes, like my easy banana split cake roll and my berry lemon cheesecake. What you will find, however, are recipes for cupcakes and cookies. There are more than 50 cookie recipes on this site!
There just aren’t enough days in my year to blog about all of the easy cookie recipes I’ve created recipes for, but these monster cookies are one of my recent favorites. Oatmeal, peanut butter, chocolate chips, M&M’s… these babies are loaded with yummi taste. They’re the perfect balance between chewy, soft, and sturdy, making them perfect for using to create ice cream cookie sandwiches, or dunking into a tall glass of cold milk.
Monster Cookies Recipe Baking Notes:
I hope you and your cookie monsters love these monster cookies!
Monster Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick cooking oats, (not instant oatmeal)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- Using an electric hand or stand mixer, cream the butter and both sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on medium-high speed to incorporate each one completely before adding the next. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract, then mix on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Turn mixer to low and add dry ingredients, mixing only until BARELY combined. Over mixing will result in a tough cookie. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir in the chocolate chips and M&M's
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, place dough about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 9 minutes. DON'T OVER BAKE – the cookies should just be set, but still slightly wet on top and very lightly golden around the edges. Let the cookies sit for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in a airtight container for up to 4 days (the baked cookies freeze well, also).