Easy no bake desserts like these lemon cheesecake cookies will keep your sweet tooth happy with a bright burst of lemony goodness. When the heat of summer hits hard, the last thing you want to do is fire up your oven. That’s why these cookies are my easy no bake desserts hero!
The Creative Cookie Exchange theme this month is Beat the Heat with Easy No Bake Desserts in the form of cookies!
Even if we don’t want to turn on the oven, we still want cookies! If you’re a food blogger and you want to join in the fun, contact Laura via email (thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com) and she will get you added to the Facebook group where we coordinate events.
Are you hungry yet? Grab your apron and let me show you how to make these creamy no bake lemon cheesecake cookies. Just like a good cheesecake should be, these cookies are loaded with lemon, cream cheese, and graham crackers, but I couldn’t stop there.
Whenever possible, I have a need to take my dessert recipes over the top of normal, especially when they’re easy no bake desserts, so I added a super special ingredient to the inside of these cookies. Take a close look and see if you can guess what the magic ingredient is.
Here’s a hint: I used the special ingredient when I made these muffins, too. It’s creamy and tastes like a yummi cross between graham crackers and gingerbread.
Another hint: You’ll get to take a trip to Trader Joes or make a purchase from Amazon to pick up this special ingredient. It’s completely worth every penny that you spend on it. You can melt it down and drizzle it over a big bowl of ice cream, put it into a smoothie or shake, or add it to your coffee.
It’s Cookie Butter, and it’s sinfully fattening, but OH SO yummi!
DISCLAIMER:IMPORTANT! Once you put a spoonful of this deliciousness into your mouth, you might start moaning and your eyes might roll into the back of your head. This is perfectly normal and no need for panic. Just have a couple of these no bake lemon cheesecake cookies and all of your cares will melt away.
It’s time to make some easy no bake desserts!
No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
Cream cheese, lemon cookies, and graham crackers are combined and wrapped around a delicious creamy cookie butter center. These no bake lemon cheesecake cookies are the perfect treat for the heat of summer!
- 1 8 ounces cream cheese (I used low fat)
- 2 cups lemon cookie crumbs, divided in half (I used Trader Joes Meyer Lemon Thins)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 5 sheets)
- 1/2 cup Trader Joes cookie butter or almond butter
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a cookie sheet with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a hand or stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in 1 cup cookie crumbs and all graham cracker crumbs and blend until mixture comes together into a fairly firm dough.
- Using a small (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Press a one teaspoon measuring spoon into each ball, or use your thumb, to make an indent.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cookie butter, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla. It will be fairly crumbly but should stick together if you squeeze a bit of it in your hand. (If it's too sticky, add a bit more confectioner's sugar until it is dry. If it is too crumbly and won't hold together when squeezed, add a bit more cookie butter.)
- Using your 1 teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop out 1 teaspoon of the cookie butter mixture and roll it into a ball. Place one ball into the indent of each cookie.
- Form the dough around the cookie butter center and press to seal. Gently re-roll into a ball. Repeat until all cookies are filled.
- Using the palm of your hand, GENTLY flatten each ball into a cookie shape.
- Place remaining 1 cup cookie crumbs onto a plate. Lightly press each cookie in the crumbs to coat. Flip cookie over and repeat.
- Refrigerate cookies until well chilled.
- Store in a well covered container in the refrigerator.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 194kcal Calories from fat 117|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 13g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!
Want even more delicious easy no bake desserts to make? Check out what the rest of the Cookie Exchange bloggers made this month: