Peanut butter brownies are topped with a thick layer of whipped chocolate ganache. Get this yummi recipe and satisfy your sweet tooth!
For the record, I’d like to say that losing a loved one doesn’t get any easier regardless of how many times you go through it. After a 14-month long battle with Acute Lymphatic Leukemia, my sweet friend of over 20 years, and a brother in Christ, passed away on February 5th and went home to live a pain-free eternity in Heaven. Rest in peace, Vic…
Vic is the reason that I’ve been away from this blog for a while. I wasn’t in the right frame of mind to be blogging, and I was feeling so blah that no matter what I cooked or baked, it seemed to flop on me. So I took a break…. but now I’m back. With a vengeance.
Now who’s hungry for peanut butter brownies? Perhaps some whipped chocolate ganache frosting? Anyone? Anyone? HEY…anyone wanna join me, or shall I eat the entire pan of these peanut butter brownies myself?
If you’re not into peanut butter brownies, check out my recipe for Mint Cheesecake Swirl Brownies, or my Caramel Bacon Brownies, or check out my recipe index and find something you love. There’s lot of food around here!
Come on… grab your stretchy pants and let’s eat some peanut butter brownies!
After you’ve grabbed the recipe for the brownies, you should jump over to Pinterest and check out all of the delicious brownie recipes on my Brownies and Blondies Pinterest board!
Peanut Butter Brownies with Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Chewy brownies with a layer of creamy peanut butter chips and a topping of whipped milk chocolate ganache. Simply yummi!
- FOR THE BROWNIES
- 5 oz. (1 stick, plus 2 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 5 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 3 oz. (2/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
- 12 oz. (1 bag) Reese's peanut butter chips
- 2 oz (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- FOR THE GANACHE FROSTING
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 ounces (1 liquid cup) heavy whipping cream
- Prepare the Brownies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl; set aside. Spray an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Fit a sheet of foil in pan and up two sides, so you can use it as a handle to pull cooked brownies from pan (I used parchment paper). Spray sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolates and butter in a medium bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each one before adding the next. Continue to whisk until mixture is completely smooth and glossy. Add dry ingredients, whisk until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; bake until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out with wet crumbs, 25-30 minutes.
- When the brownies have about 5 minutes left to bake, make the peanut butter filling.
- Peanut Butter Filling
- Place the peanut butter chips and the butter into a microwaveable glass bowl. Cook at medium power for 1 minute. Stir and continue to cook on medium power in 30 second intervals until mixture is melted and glossy in appearance.
- When the brownies come out of the oven, pour peanut butter mixture over the top of the warm brownies. Use a heat resistant spatula to spread the mixture evenly over the top. Place the brownie pan on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, make the ganache and allow it to chill in the refrigerator. Once it has chilled completely, place it into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whip attachment and whip the ganache until it is light, fluffy, and spreadable (about 5-8 minutes).
- For the Ganache
- Put chocolate into a heatproof bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, bring cream to a simmer (do not boil). Pour cream over chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Transfer to a heat proof container and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until mixture is completely chilled, whisking occasionally.
- After ganache has chilled, transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip on high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Use a frosting spatula or knife to apply ganache to the tops of brownies. Garnsih with mini chocolate chips if desired. Cut into squares and serve.
- Store well covered at room temperature for 2 days, or in a refrigerator for up to a week.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 466kcal Calories from fat 285|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 32g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 18g||90%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|