Homemade hot chocolate is a mug of warm, chocolaty comfort. It has the ability to warm up the body on a cold day, and to warm the soul with healing when it’s hurting.
My emotions are in a knot. Sometimes words cannot adequately express what my heart longs to say. So I pray, and offer up food comfort, with a hot chocolate recipe.
I’m praying for you Newtown, Connecticut.
In respect to the loss of beautiful lives, the remainder of this post will be silent.
May hurting hearts be comforted, even with something as seemingly insignificant as a perfect mug of homemade hot chocolate.
For life’s little hurts, comfort can sometimes come in a mug…
Perfect Homemade Hot Chocolate
Sometimes life's little comforts comes in a cup of the perfect hot chocolate.
- 16 fluid ounces (2 liquid cups) milk, any variety
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Heat milk in sized saucepan over medium heat until hot, but not simmering.
- Place chocolate chips and peppermint extract into a 4-cup or larger heatproof bowl; pour hot milk over chocolate chips and wait about 2 minutes for chips to soften.
- Use a whisk to combine milk and chocolate until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into individual serving mugs and garnish with marshmallows, if desired.