Pumpkin cream cheese brownies are fudgy chocolate brownies, spiced with the flavors of Fall. They’re topped with a decadent pumpkin cream cheese frosting. Deliciousness happens when brownies meet the great pumpkin!
There is no denying that the love for pumpkin and pumpkin spice is STRONG in Americans veins. We just love it don’t we? As soon as that crisp air is signaling it’s time for autumns time to shine I just start craving pumpkin everything.
I’ve tried to hold our excitement back. We are AVID autumn time fans. It’s our favorite time of the year. So when our Halloween Rice Krispie Treats published last week and I realized it was before September – I was a little embarrassed, are people ready for this yet?
Well, it’s September 1st guys. Be ready because we are doing this. Lets jump into autumn, fall in love with pumpkin and pumpkin spice all over again and begin with these pumpkin cream cheese brownies. 😉
Tips to making these pumpkin brownies base easy
Today’s pumpkin cream cheese brownies recipe is what many call semi-homemade. Typically, I make brownies from scratch. Our best ever brownies, to be specific. It’s actually so easy to whip together a batch of brownies from scratch – it’s also super more cost effective.
However, a few months ago, I bought a box of organic brownie mix that was on sale and I knew there’d be a perfect time to use it when I just wanted something even more quick. You can make this recipe with any boxed brownie mix you want, or use my from scratch brownie recipe.
No matter which way you make your brownies, just add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the mix and you’ll be good to go!
Pumpkin Brownies to fit all dietary requirements
This recipe can be made to fit quite a few different dietary requirements if need be.
- Gluten-Free – If you’ve got to follow a gluten-free diet you can purchase a boxed gluten-free mix or these gluten free brownies recipe.
- Healthier – If you are looking for a bit healthier of a option you can try these black bean brownies for a bit more fiber and less sugar
- Low Carb / Keto – If you are looking to go the low carb route these keto brownies would be a nice fit. Then for the cream cheese frosting swap the powdered sugar with a low carb sweetener.
Ready to dig in to this pumpkin cream cheese brownies recipe?
Grab your apron, and let’s bake!! We’ve got so many delicious pumpkin yummies on the horizon. WE JUST LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!
Other pumpkin goodies you might enjoy!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Cupcakes from scratch
- Pumpkin Spice Yogurt Parfait
- Best Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Ginger Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Healthy Brownies with Pumpkin
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
- brownies base made from scratch (or boxed brownie mix)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon milk (can use any milk variety)
- Prepare brownies in an 8 or 9-inch square pan, according to package directions, adding pumpkin pie spice to the other ingredients before mixing.
- After brownies have baked, remove from oven and cool completely before applying frosting.
- Make Frosting
- Add cream cheese and butter to the large bowl of a hand or electric stand mixer, Beat on high until fluffy and well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add spices and powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed, until well combined, then add milk and turn speed to high. Beat 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy. If frosting appears too dry, add more milk, 1/2 tablespoon at a time. If it appears too wet, or not sweet enough for your taste, add more powdered sugar.