Pumpkin cream cheese brownies are fudgy chocolate brownies, spiced with the flavors of Fall. They’re topped with a decadent pumpkin cream cheese frosting. Come on in to my virtual kitchen and I’ll show you what deliciousness happens when brownies meet the great pumpkin!
I really hope that pumpkin hasn’t overstayed it’s welcome on It’s Yummi, you guys. I know I went a little overboard last year, and I’ve been gettin’ pretty pumpkin heavy this year, too.
How can I resist when there are desserts like pumpkin pound cake…
and pumpkin muffins with bacon streusel to be made?
Oh, let’s not forget the most popular recipe on Pinterest right now: my low fat turkey pumpkin pasta.
Today’s pumpkin cream cheese brownies recipe is what many call semi-homemade. Typically, I make brownies from scratch. Boo’s best ever brownies, to be specific.
However, a few months ago, I bought a box of organic brownie mix and I knew there’d be a perfect time like this to use it. You can make this recipe with any boxed brownie mix you want, or use my from scratch brownie recipe.
No matter which way you make your brownies, just add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the mix and you’ll be good to go!
Ready to dig in to this pumpkin cream cheese brownies recipe?
Grab your apron, and let’s bake! Oh, and after you print the recipe, scroll down and check out more pumpkin loaded recipes from my blogging buddies!
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies Recipe
Chewy, fudgy chocolate brownies are flavored with pumpkin pie spice, then topped with a decadent pumpkin cream cheese frosting
- Boxed brownie mix or scratch recipe
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- For pumpkin cream cheese frosting
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) cream cheese (you can use low fat if you're trying to cut calories)
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 2 cups powdered (confectioner's) sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon milk (any variety, I used almond milk)
- Prepare brownies in an 8 or 9-inch square pan, according to package directions, adding pumpkin pie spice to the other ingredients before mixing.
- After brownies have baked, remove from oven and cool completely before applying frosting.
- Make Frosting
- Add cream cheese and butter to the large bowl of a hand or electric stand mixer, Beat on high until fluffy and well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add spices and powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed, until well combined, then add milk and turn speed to high. Beat 2-3 minutes, until light and fluffy. If frosting appears too dry, add more milk, 1/2 tablespoon at a time. If it appears too wet, or not sweet enough for your taste, add more powdered sugar.
The rest of the pumpkin day goodies!
Pumpkin cheesecake bars from Roxana’s Home Baking
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Biscotti from Happy Food Healthy Life
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filled Sugar Cookies from Food Faith Fitness
Caramel Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls from Lady Behind The Curtain
Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars from The Redhead Baker
Light Pumpkin Cookies w/Cream Cheese Frosting from Food Done Light
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies w/ Spicy Spiked Chocolate Filling from A Cookie Named Desire