Raspberry almond low carb cheesecake bites are cheesecake in a bite sized treat. Perfect for cheesecake taste without the need for stretchy pants! A Weight Watchers Freestyle cheesecake recipe with only 2 Smart Points per serving! This is a gluten free dessert recipe, too!
This is my first month participating in the Secret Recipe Club, and I’m super excited about it! Each month, the members are randomly assigned to create a recipe from another member’s blog. The fun part is that the assignments are kept a secret until the reveal day (today!), and then we find out who was assigned to create a recipe from our blog.
This month, I was assigned to create a recipe from Lisa at Cook Lisa Cook! She’s a mom whose family seems to love ethnic cuisine, because there are some amazing and flavorful ethnic recipes to be found on Lisa’s blog. She has a family that eats gluten-free too, so her site is a great resource for gluten-free recipes. It also appears that Lisa is pretty busy, because in addition to her recipe blogging, she also has two other websites! Check out her posts on Moments with Maisie and Maisie Eats Bento.
I had a tough time narrowing down what recipe of Lisa’s that I wanted to make. I loved her mini bacon & Swiss quiche cups and thought about making them, but while skimming through some of her dessert recipes, I saw her recipe for mini cheesecake bites. After looking at the ingredients and realizing that she used a [amazon_textlink asin=’B000Z978SS’ text=’sugar substitute’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’chebecskit-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9ef7b702-2056-11e7-a669-198db11df58a’], I knew I’d found the perfect treat!
How to Make Weight Watcher’s Friendly Low Carb Cheesecake Bites
I adore cheesecake, but not the calories and fat that comes with it. I adapted the recipe a bit, primarily because I wanted a completely low carb recipe. Lisa uses candied cherries for her cheesecake bites and they contain sugar, so fresh raspberries are in my raspberry almond low carb cheesecake bites. If you want to make the cheesecake bites Weight Watcher’s friendly, just use low fat cream cheese and light sour cream. By making those substitutions, these low carb cheesecake bites have just 2 Freestyle points per serving!
Lisa’s recipe calls for using almonds in the crust rather than graham crackers. Great choice! I think the flavor is a perfect pairing with the cream cheese. The cheesecake bites are a little bit grittier than typical cheesecake crust is, because the almonds aren’t as finely ground as graham crackers would be.
The filling of the low carb cheesecake bites is creamy perfection, though.
Making good cheesecake decisions rocks my world a little bit, but these low carb cheesecake bites rock my world a lot. 🙂
Here are a few of the cheesecake desserts that I’ve made that are my favorites:
CLICK HERE for my entire cheesecake recipe collection, including cheesecake bars, cookies, and even cheesecake dip!
Raspberry Almond Low Carb Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Items You’ll Want (and Love!)
The items below have affiliate codes attached to them. I make a small profit from any sales, which helps to keep this website operational. Thank you for helping to support It’s Yummi!
[amazon_link asins=’B019ZDZII6,B005P0VYB4,B00JXYIODY’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’chebecskit-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’9e9168d3-2058-11e7-97ea-ab41fc732b6c’]
Raspberry Almond Low Carb Cheesecake Bites
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds (unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Erythritol (or other cup-for-cup sugar alternative)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Erythritol (or other cup-for-cup sugar alternative)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- raspberry sauce for garnish (see recipe below)
- white chocolate chips for garnish
- 2 cups raspberries thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar-free orange juice (pulp-free works best)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum OR 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place paper liners into 18 mini muffin wells.
- Add the almonds to the bowl of a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until they are finely ground. Add the butter, 1 teaspoon Erythritol and cinnamon and process until well combined.
- Add 1.5 teaspoons of the almond crust mixture to each mini muffin well, using your fingers to press the mixture into the bottom. Bake for 5 minutes and then allow to cool.
- While the crusts are baking and cooling add the cream cheese, egg, 1/4 cup Erythritol, vanilla bean paste and sour cream to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, blend on high speed until perfectly smooth. Top each crust with the cream cheese mixture, filling the cup almost to the top. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the mini cheesecakes are puffed and just starting to get golden on the top. Remove from the oven and cool completely in the muffin tins. Once cool, remove the cheesecake bites from the pan and refrigerate or freeze.
- Garnish with raspberry sauce and white chocolate chips, if desired.
- RASPBERRY SAUCE
- Place thawed raspberries and orange juice into a blender or food processor. Mix until berries are pureed. Press mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in xanthan gum and turn on heat to high. Bring mixture to a full boil, then immediately reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, until sauce is thickened. Transfer to a heatproof container and cover surface of sauce with plastic wrap to prevent a skin from forming on top. Chill until ready to serve.