Raspberry chocolate chip muffins will help to make your morning special. Relax with a cup of coffee and one of my favorite easy muffin recipes, a warm raspberry chocolate chip muffin!
When it comes to choosing a favorite summer fruit to bake with, I always have a difficult time deciding. Berries, cherries, apples, stone fruits, and citrus fruits are all fabulous ways to add some healthiness to baked goods, and I love the flavors of just about every fruit. I do think berries are on the top of my list, though. Blueberries and raspberries in particular. They’re sweet, tangy, and because of their relatively small size, they’re also an easy add-in to just about all easy muffin recipes.
While creating this recipe, I intended to bake a batch of simple chocolate chip muffins. Half way through mixing the batter, I remembered that I had some fresh raspberries in the fridge. Knowing how quickly berries can go from delicious to disgusting, I decided to add them into the batter.
Besides, do you know that adding fruit to an unhealthy dessert makes it possible for you to call it healthy?! Believe it (even if it’s not true)! 🙂
NOTE: I made this easy muffins using this awesome brownie pan. I adore this pan! The wells are roughly the same size as a traditional muffin pan, and I’m not sure why, but I completely love baking up square muffins. Plus, it’s a really good quality non-stick, so I rarely have issues with things sticking to it. If you’re concerned about things sticking, you can even get nifty square paper liners to fit the pan.
In fact, I love the pan so much that I make sausage and cheddar biscuits in it, too!
Go ahead and bake a batch of raspberry chocolate chip muffins right now!
Why now? Because if you ask me, fresh raspberries and mini chocolate chips folded into a light vanilla muffin are the perfect treat any time of the day!
Fresh raspberries and mini chocolate chips are folded in to a light vanilla muffin, making for a perfect treat any time of the day!
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour (reserve 2 Tablespoons for coating berries)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup oil (I use avocado oil)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla flavored)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray wells of a 12-well brownie pan or traditional muffin tin with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together canola oil, eggs,yogurt,and vanilla until well combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until flour is almost fully incorporated into the batter. Don't over mix or your muffins will become tough and dry.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons flour over raspberries and toss to coat them. Using a silicone spatula, gently fold berries and chocolate chips into the batter, making sure that there is no dry flour remaining.
- Fill each prepared well two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow muffins to rest for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 230kcal Calories from fat 78|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!
More delicious raspberry chocolate dessert recipes to try, courtesy of my blogging friends!
Raspberry Chocolate Cake Roll, from Spend with Pennies.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, from Nutmeg Nanny.
Raspberry Chocolate Tart, from Melanie Makes.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Biscotti, from The Baker Mama.
Skinny Single-Serve Chocolate Raspberry Mug Cake, from Crazy with Crust.