Caramel apple popcorn cookies are like nothing you’ve ever tasted, but with the very first bite of one, you’ll experience crunchy, sweet, salty, and chewy goodness. This snack will blow your mind!
Raise your hand if you love caramel apples!
When I do baking in the months of October and November, I almost always aim for making apple recipes, becausee they’re so readily available for picking fresh here in Wisconsin.
It’s also a given that I love any cookie with great texture. These salted caramel apple popcorn cookies fit perfectly into that category. They’re like a combination of caramel corn, salted popcorn, and caramel apples. It’s serious autumnal love!
Are you prepared to head into salted caramel apple popcorn perfection with me?
How to Make Caramel Apple Popcorn Cookies
Oh, and if popcorn and caramel makes you happy, I bet you’ll love my popcorn peanut brittle recipe, too!
Salted Caramel Apple Popcorn Cookies
Yield: 30-36 caramel apple popcorn cookies Adapted from: Balanced Food
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried apples, chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups popped unbuttered popcorn
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 6 Tbsp caramel syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for coating dough before baking
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and chopped apples. Set aside.
- Place popcorn in food processor or high powered blender and process as finely as possible. If you don't get a fine powder, that's okay. Leave popcorn in the food processor for now.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter until well creamed, about 1 minute, then add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Remove about 1/4 cup, and add to the food processor with the popcorn, and process for another 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the egg to the stand mixer with the remaining butter/sugar mixture and beat until light and fluffy, and then mix in the caramel syrup.
- Add the popcorn/butter mixture and the flour mixture to the stand mixer bowl and mix on low speed, just until combined.
- Transfer cookie dough to an airtight container, and refrigerate for about an hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make nickel to quarter-sized balls of dough (depending on how big you like your cookies), toss in granulated sugar, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place pan in oven and bake cookies for 7-9 minutes. Remove pan from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely, and then enjoy with a warm beverage.
More Easy Apple Cookie Recipes
Apple Butterscotch Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
Salted Caramel Apple Popcorn Cookies from It’s Yummi!