Caramel apple popcorn cookies are like nothing you’ve ever tasted, but with the very first bite of one, you’ll experience crunchy, sweet, salty, and chewy goodness. This snack will blow your mind!
Raise your hand if you love caramel apples!
When I do baking in the months of October and November, I almost always aim for the inclusion of apples since they’re so readily available for picking fresh here in Wisconsin.
It’s also a given that I love any cookie with great texture. These salted caramel apple popcorn cookies fit perfectly into that category. It’s like a combination of caramel corn, salted popcorn, and caramel apples. It’s serious autumnal love!
Are you prepared to head into salted caramel apple popcorn perfection with me?
Oh, and if popcorn and caramel makes you happy, I bet you’ll love my popcorn peanut brittle recipe, too!
Salted Caramel Apple Popcorn Cookies
Yield: 30-36 cookies Adapted from: Balanced Food
- 3 cups popped plain popcorn
- 6 ounces (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons b][caramel syrup [/b]
- 12 ounces Bob’s Low Carb baking mix (or all-purpose flour, unbleached)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried apples, chopped into small, bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for coating dough before baking
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and chopped apples. Set aside.
- Place popcorn in food processor or high powered blender and process until as fine as possible. You will find that you don't get a fine powder, that's okay. Leave in the food processor--we'll come back to the popcorn.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter until well creamed, about 30 seconds, then add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Remove about 1/4 cup, and add to the food processor with the popcorn, and process for another 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the egg to the remaining butter/sugar mixture, beat until light and fluffy, and then add the caramel syrup. Next, add the popcorn/butter mixture and the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Transfer cookie dough to an airtight container, and refrigerate for about an hour before baking.
- To bake, heat the oven to 350. Make nickel to quarter-sized balls of dough (depending on how big you like your cookies), toss in granulated sugar, and then bake for 7-9 minutes. Remove pan from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely, and then enjoy with a warm beverage.
- It's YUMMI!
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!
Here are some apple cookie recipes from my blogging friends:
Apple Butterscotch Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
Salted Caramel Apple Popcorn Cookies from It’s Yummi!