This seafood stuffed mushrooms recipe is one that you’ll go back to over and over It’s perfect for holidays, game days, or days that end with Y.
FACT: I’m horrible with leftovers.
Not horrible at creating them, just horrible about using them before they become science experiments in the back of my fridge.
My mom emblazoned the “waste not want not” mantra into my head, so I save everything, you guys. It’s pathetic and a bit embarrassing, really.
PROOF: I may be a borderline hoarder of empty prescription bottles.
Geez, I can’t just throw away perfectly good tiny plastic bottles!
I’m absolutely convinced that as soon as I’ve placed them into the recycling bin, I’ll find some way to re-purpose them, causing me to have to risk my life as I run like a crazy woman down the street, chasing the garbage truck, screaming at the top of my lungs…
“STAHHHHHHP!! I NEED MY BOTTLES!!”
Rather than risking tragedies like that from happening, I’ll just keep those bottles safely in my junk drawer. okie dokie? 🙂
Now where was I? Ahh yes…leftovers.
Remember the crab omelette I made a couple of days ago? Well, I had some of the crab meat left over, plus a few (6 to be exact) mushrooms that needed to be used up, so I thought I’d whip up something quick, easy, and delicious with them.
Cue the seafood stuffed mushrooms, please.
These are about as easy peasy of an appetizer to make as you can think of. Unless you like peanut butter on toast as an appetizer. That might be easier to make, but I bet it wouldn’t taste nearly as good as these cheesy, crab-filled mushrooms. Pure bite-sized morsels of goodness.
If you’re looking for another delicious appetizer with seafood, check out these delicious deep fried tuna bites. They’re completely delicious!
Give these seafood stuffed mushrooms a try, then please come back to this post to let me know what you think.
Oh, and if you’ve got any ideas on ways for me to use empty prescription bottles, please leave those in the comments, too. Thanks!
Recommended kitchen tools for this recipe:
Ceramic Kitchen Knife Set (affiliate link)- These are my favorite knives for cutting vegetables, and they’re super affordable. Plus, fun colors!
Mushrooms filled to the brim with crab, cheese, and lots of spices, then baked until they're warm and oozing with goodness.
- 6 large white mushrooms or 2 portabello mushroom caps
- 1 Tablespoon sliced scallion (white part only)
- 1/4 cup mushroom stems, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons panko or regular bread crumbs
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces fresh or canned crab meat, drained and finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. (325 convection oven)
- Spray small casserole dish or sheet pan lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper toweling. Cut off stems and use fingers to remove center from mushrooms to make room for stuffing. Place mushrooms caps cut side up in prepared dish; set aside.
- In small bowl, add cream cheese, crab meat, pepper, and garlic salt. Stir to combine.
- Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in small saute pan over medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems and scallion and saute until softened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs. Add mushroom mixture to bowl with cream cheese mixture; stir to combine.
- Use a small spoon to evenly distribute filling into each mushroom cap.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 223kcal Calories from fat 147|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!
More stuffed mushroom recipes I love from across the web:
Chili Stuffed Mushrooms from Cook the Story
Chorizo and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms from A Spicy Perspective
Savory Herbed Stuffed Mushrooms from Will Cook for Smiles