Caffeine spiked s’mores cupcakes are the most amazing s’mores treat ever! Chocolate cupcakes are spiked with coffee, bacon, and topped with toasted marshmallow creme. For a little extra kick, there are graham cracker crumbs, plus more bacon and chocolate on top.
This awesome jolt of caffeine and sugar is sure to have you squealing “wheee wheee wheee” all the way home!
This recipe post is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its sponsor. I was paid for writing this recipe and post, but as always, all thoughts and opinions stated here are my very own.
I’m beyond excited about today’s recipe for caffeine spiked s’mores cupcakes.
Not just because they have bacon in them. Bacon Month is only one reason to be excited!
Thanks to the good folks at Walmart, these delicious, caffeine spiked s’mores cupcakes are packed with savings from the low prices!
Making Caffeine Spiked S’mores Cupcakes
Fry Oscar Mayer bacon until it’s nice and crisp. Let it drain on a paper towel while you prepare the cupcake batter.
Make the batter for your favorite chocolate cupcakes, either a homemade recipe or a box mix is fine. CLICK HERE to see the recipe I used. Brew yourself a cup of Maxwell House coffee, because you’ll need to add some into the batter, or you can add 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules.
Crumble the bacon into very small pieces and sprinkle it over the cupcake batter. Don’t stir it in, because all of your bacon will sink to the bottom of your cupcakes.
After baking, transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
Meanwhile, set up your toppings: graham cracker crumbs, chocolate pieces, more crumbled bacon, and marshmallows or marshmallow creme. I decided to use the creme for easier spreading. If you use mini marshmallows, I suggest applying a thin layer of vanilla frosting to the top of the cupcakes first, then sprinkle some graham cracker crumbs onto it. Then you can adhere the marshmallows to the frosting.
After you’ve applied the marshmallow and graham cracker crumbs to the top of your s’mores cupcakes, you’ll need to use a kitchen torch or a broiler to toast the topping. IMPORTANT: Do NOT add the chocolate bar to the top of the cupcakes until after you’ve toasted the marshmallows.
Well, unless you enjoy melted chocolate on your cupcakes and possibly in your lap, in which case, have an ooey gooey good time!
Are you ready to get these caffeine spiked s’mores cupcakes into your belly?
Coffee cupcakes are studded with bacon pieces, then topped with sweet, toasted marshmallow creme, graham cracker crumbs, and a piece of chocolate.
- Chocolate cupcake batter for 18 cupcakes
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 6 graham cracker squares, crushed into crumbs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled
- 18 small squares of milk chocolate (I used 2 Hershey bars)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place liners into 18 wells of a cupcake pan.
- Prepare cupcake batter according to directions and fill liners 3/4 way full.
- Sprinkle cooked & crumbled bacon over each cupcake; place pan into oven and bake according to the directions of your recipe. Remove pan from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- After cupcakes have cooled, apply a thin layer of marshmallow creme (or frosting) to the top of each cupcake. Sprinkle with a pinch of graham cracker crumbs and a few pieces of chopped bacon.
- Use a kitchen torch or oven broiler to toast the marshmallow, then insert a piece of chocolate into the frosting of each cupcake, for garnish.
If you're not using my chocolate cupcake recipe, be sure to add 1/4 liquid cup of brewed coffee or 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules to your recipe. Substitute the brewed coffee for water or another liquid that's called for in your recipe.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 173kcal Calories from fat 97|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!