Snickers cheesecake bars are one of the cheesecake desserts that your family will beg you for. Creamy Snickers cheesecake filling baked onto a brown butter graham cracker crust. This cheesecake bars recipe is perfect to make with leftover Halloween candy!
I adore brown butter. The nutty taste adds so much flavor to baked goods!
What is Brown Butter?
Brown butter is made by cooking butter over medium heat until the water has evaporated and the milk solids have separated. This causes the butter to become golden brown and it takes on a nutty flavor that makes anything the brown butter touches more delicious!
If you’ve never consumed brown butter, you’re in for a treat. It’s got a nutty depth of flavor that accentuates everything it comes in contact with…sweet and savory alike!
In addition to using brown butter for the crust of the Snickers Cheesecake Bars, I’ve also used it to make everything from low carb Brown Butter Blondies to Brown Butter Bacon Pasta and even Brown Butter Walnut Pancake Muffins.
You can get printable directions on how to brown butter from my blogging friend, Elise.
In addition to brown butter, I’m also infatuated with anything with a graham cracker crust. When I sat back and realized that I could pump up the volume on the Snickers Cheesecake Bars by making a brown butter graham cracker crust… Well, let’s just say that the Earth stopped dead on its axis for a few seconds as I gasped for air.
To say that these cheesecake bars are yummi doesn’t even come close to an accurate description. They are insanely creamy and decadent, and so delicious that I suspect they could fall into the category of a highly addictive substance.
One sure fire way to alter your mind is by overloading it with high amounts of sugar and fat, and that’s where I do believe I have your mind altering bases covered, my friend!
Oh, and look… I have a quick video to show you how to make the Snickers cheesecake bars!
Reasons we love these Snickers Cheesecake Bars Recipe
Snickers cheesecake bars are sweet, but they’re also dreamy and creamy. All of that wonderful cheesecake filling with little pieces of Snickers bars, nestled on top of a browned butter crust, covered with 2 layers of chocolate. Yup, they’re insanely over the top, but in a very, very good way!
Try the Snickers Cheesecake Bars recipe and let me know what you think! Please come back and leave a comment and rate the recipe. It helps me, but more importantly, ratings and comments help other readers to know how the recipe works for others.
Do you have a favorite brown butter recipe? I’d love to hear about that, too!
Scroll down below the Snickers cheesecake bars recipe for links to amazing recipes with brown butter that my blogging friends have made.
Snickers Cheesecake Bars with Brown Butter Crust
FOR THE CRUST
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs , (about 18 graham cracker sheets)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted brown butter, (you’ll need 1 cup (8 ounces) to start with)
FOR THE FILLING
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 16 Snickers Minis, cut or diced into bite-sized slices or pieces
FOR THE GLAZE
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Brown the butter. If you don't know how to brown butter, you'll find printable directions HERE.
FOR THE CRUST:
- Stir the graham crackers, browned butter, and sugar together in a bowl. Press into a 9x13 pan lined with nonstick foil or parchment paper. Bake for 8 minutes and then cool while you make the filling.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and flour together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in your candy pieces and spread the mixture over your cooled crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up. Let cool completely.
FOR THE GLAZE:
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a double boiler, or carefully in the microwave. Stir until smooth, then stir in the corn syrup. Spread the glaze over the bars using a silicone spatula or offset frosting spatula. Chill for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Cut the dessert into slices with a sharp knife, then drizzle each bar with additional melted chocolate and top with a piece of Snickers, if desired.
More Recipes with Brown Butter
- Skillet Brown Butter Carrots
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Browned Butter Cauliflower
- Cashew Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Butter
- Butter Pecan Blondies with Brown Butter
- Garlic Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
- Apple Blueberry Bliss
- Brown Butter Parmesan Corn
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- Dark Chocolate Brown Butter Brownies
- Browned Butter Salted Caramel Sauce