Warm bacon cheddar dip is the cheesy good snack dip that will be the hit of your game day parties! It takes 5 minutes to make, and everyone loves it, so there won’t be any leftovers.
Disclosure: I created this recipe for warm bacon cheddar dip for the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community and its advertiser. I received compensation for this post, but all thoughts and words are my own.
Do you remember the Chili Cheese Corn Dog Casserole post from last month? Brian loves them, and according to my Pinterest boards, everyone on the Internet likes it, too. It is one of my most popular pins right now.
That recipe uses yummi, bite sized, Country Ribbon mini corn dogs. Well, when I went back to Sam’s Club last week, the corn dogs on a stick were staring at me.
Seriously! I saw the bright red box out of the corner of my eye, and then the box started calling my name. Maybe I need serious therapy, because when food talks to me, I listen, and I knew they’d be perfect for Sunday football games. Apparently, I am also an impulsive shopper.
Wanting to make something hot, cheesy and easy to dip them in was my immediate goal.
That’s where today’s recipe for warm bacon cheddar dip came perfectly into play.
This dip has the perfect ratio of cheese to bacon, plus a kick of flavor and color from yellow mustard and green onions. You know that yellow mustard is a required corn dog topping, don’t you?
I make the dip in a sauce pan on the stove top, and it takes just 5 minutes. But if you’re having a party and want a big batch, this could easily be made in a slow cooker, too. Just put all of the ingredients into the crock except for the bacon and scallions. Let it come together on low heat for an hour or so, then stir in the bacon and scallions before serving.
If you want to keep your waistline thin, consider using lower fat cheeses and low fat milk. Or you can make it “fully loaded” and just suit up in a pair of your favorite stretchy pants.
I splurge on football game days, so the recipe shown below is the full fat version. So there’s no confusion: loaded with fat = loaded with flavor. I just use a little more willpower than normal to keep my fingers out of the pot as I make it.
Here’s the easy, cheesy, warm bacon cheddar dip recipe.
Warm Bacon Cheddar Dip Recipe
Warm and Creamy Bacon Cheddar Dip
This warm and creamy bacon cheddar dip from ItsYummi.com is loaded with flavor! It's a perfect dipping sauce for corn dogs, chips, or raw veggies, & it's a great game day snack!
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces (2 cups) aged or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces heavy cream or half & half
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2-3 scallions (green and light green parts), thinly sliced horizontally
- 5 thick cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (about 2/3 cup)
- Place a 1.5 quart (or larger) saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, heavy cream, Worcestershire, dried onion, and prepared mustard and stir occasionally until melted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and bacon, reserving some of each for garnish.
- Serve as a dip with corn dogs, chips, or cut up raw vegetables