Turkey Tacos with Cranberry Salsa
ground turkey tacos topped with cranberry salsa. A great way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Use shredded leftover Thanksgiving turkey for a great leftovers meal, too!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 8 tacos
For the TACOS
- 8 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp Butter or avocado oil
- 4 cups cooked turkey cut into bite-sized pieces
- 15 oz black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn niblets thawed and drained
- 2 cups lettuce preferably iceberg, shredded
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced
- shredded cheese
- Sour cream
For the CRANBERRY SALSA
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and coarsely chopped CAUTION! Be careful not to touch or rub your eyes when handling jalapeno peppers. They can burn your eyes!
- 1/2 white onion coarsely chopped and microwaved for 1 minute to soften
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup Mexican-flavored canned tomatoes drained and chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large frying pan (preferably cast iron) on medium high heat.
Unless you are using freshly made homemade tortillas, you will need to soften them first.
Working one or two at a time, fry it in the hot pan for a few seconds on both sides. NOTE: Most commercially made tortillas will bubble up a little when cooked like this.
Fill the warm tortillas with turkey, lettuce, black beans, corn, avocado, and other toppings, as desired. Top with cranberry salsa and enjoy!
To make the CRANBERRY SALSA
Place the cranberry sauce, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, onion, red and green peppers, tomatoes, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until blended, but still chunky.
Serving: 1taco | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 94mg | Potassium: 747mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 9.5% | Vitamin C: 28.6% | Calcium: 5.9% | Iron: 14.4%