Farmer’s Market Potato Salad
Fresh garden vegetables are mixed with red potatoes and a light, tangy sour cream dressing to make this delicious and easy side dish.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 3 pounds red potatoes diced into 3/4-inch pieces.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used full fat. (Light or low fat variety may be used)
- 2 Tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (Regular or fat-free variety may be used)
- 1 small green bell pepper diced small
- 1 medium red onion diced small
- 1 medium carrot diced small
- 2 Tablespoons pickle relish sweet or dill
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Add potatoes and enough water to cover them by 1 inch to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons salt, reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 10 minutes.
Use a heat resistant scoop (I used a glass measuring cup) and carefully scoop out 1/4 cup (2 ounces) of cooking water. Drain potatoes thoroughly, then transfer to large bowl. Drizzle vinegar over hot potatoes and gently toss until evenly coated. Transfer 3/4 cup potatoes to a medium bowl and set them aside. Refrigerate remaining potatoes until cooled, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, use a potato masher to mash 3/4 cup hot potatoes with 3 tablespoons reserved cooking water until smooth, adding additional reserved cooking water as needed. Stir yogurt, sour cream, mayo, green pepper, onion, and carrot, relish, mustard, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper into mashed potato. Refrigerate mixture until cooled, about 15 minutes.
Add cooled potato dressing to cooled potatoes, stirring until evenly coated. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap or airtight lid and chill until ready to serve. If well wrapped, this salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 881mg | Potassium: 829mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1330IU | Vitamin C: 22.5mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1.4mg