No Bake Pistachio Oat Cookies
Healthy can be delicious! These steel cut oatmeal based cookies are packed with pistachios, dried fruit, fiber, and a touch of sweetness. A cookie a day keeps the doctor away!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 cup steel cut oatmeal (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 cup shelled roasted pistachios (unsalted if possible)
- 2/3 cup flax meal (make your own by blending 1/2 cup flax seeds in a coffee grinder until they become powder. Measure after grinding)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place steel cut oats into a bowl and cover with water. Allow to soak for one hour, then drain water and use hands to squeeze excess moisture from the oats.
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender or the bowl of a food processor. Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until everything is well incorporated.
Use a kitchen scale to divide mixture into 1 ounce portions (about the size of a walnut), or measure 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie.
Flatten each portion into the shape of a round cookie. Eat immediately or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. When well covered, these should stay fresh for a couple of weeks.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g