Kale Sprout, Asparagus & Baby Beet Salad ~ and a GIVEAWAY!
Crisp, crunchy sauteed kale sprouts and asparagus, topped with sliced beets, bacon, and freshly grated asiago cheese. Healthy meets delicious!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 8 minutes
- 2 strips uncooked bacon diced
- 3 ounces (about 2 cups) kale sprouts (1 package of Melissa's kale sprouts)
- 4 stalks asparagus cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 prepared baby beets sliced (I used Love Beets ) or 1 regular beet, cooked and sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated asiago parmesan, or similar nutty flavored cheese
Fry bacon until crispy in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat; Leave bacon grease in pan and transfer bacon to paper toweling to drain.
Reduce heat to medium and add kale sprouts and asparagus to the pan with bacon grease. Sprinkle with salt and saute for 3 minutes, until the tough end of sprouts have softened slightly and the asparagus is cooked, but still crisp.
Remove from pan and transfer to a serving platter. Top with sliced beets, crumbled bacon, and grated cheese.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 653mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g