Mustard Peppercorn Rubbed Rib Eye Steak
Thick, juicy boneless rib eye steak, coated in a flavorful rub of dark grain mustard and black pepper, then grilled up with a beautiful crust!
Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 13 minutes
Servings 2 -4
- 1 pound boneless beef rib eye steak
- 2 Tablespoons dark grain mustard (or 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder)
- 1 Tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh tarragon snipped/chopped thinly
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients except for steak in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Lightly pat the steak dry with paper toweling. Use fingers to evenly apply rub over entire surface of steak, making sure to coat both sides.
Cook steak over a charcoal or gas grill, or use an indoor grilling pan, until the internal temperature reaches high enough to achieve desired doneness of steak.
Remove steak from heat; To achieve the juiciest steak possible, allow it to rest on a platter or cutting board for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Calories: 51kcal | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 48mg