Quinoa Cranberry Chicken Salad
Slices of tender chicken breast and good-for-you quinoa are tossed together with lovely citrus flavors and a tangy Asian dressing to make a beautiful, healthy dish!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 17 minutes
- .5 cup quinoa rinsed and cooked (.5 cup dry quinoa makes 1 cup cooked)
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast I use rotisserie chicken breast meat
- 1 large leek cleaned and thinly sliced (white part only)
- 1 cup Mandarin orange segments if using canned oranges, drain the syrup
- .5 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Asian dressing
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp rice vinegar
- .25 cup orange juice freshly squeezed is best
- .75 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar or raw honey
- .5 tsp ground ginger
- .5 tsp minced garlic
Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Cooking time, approx. 12 minutes.
Cut cooked chicken breasts into small, bite-sized pieces or shred them with a fork.
In a large salad bowl, combine cooked quinoa, chicken, leek, oranges, and dried cranberries. Toss to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine oil, rice vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, sugar, ground ginger, and garlic. Whisk to combine.
Just before serving, toss salad with dressing, in an amount to suit your taste.
Serve over healthy greens or stuff into hollowed out tomatoes.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 26.4mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2.3mg