Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake Bites
Thick ribbons of cinnamon, sugar, and pecans are swirled into moist coffee cake, then drizzled with a deliciously sweet icing.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
For the streusel topping and center
- 1 3/4 cups (7.7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (7.5 ounces) packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon (I recommend Ceylon cinnamon)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped toasted pecans
For the cake
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups (8.8 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (7.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (any variety)
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Make the streusel topping
Mix together flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or rub in with your fingers until small to medium clumps form. Mix in 1/2 cup pecans. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Make the streusel center
Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 cup pecans.
Make the cake
Butter a 9-inch tube pan with a removable bottom or place liners in 24 standard sized cupcake tins.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a bowl.
Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour. Continue to beat until well combined.
Spoon half the batter into pan. Sprinkle streusel center mixture evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter, and spread evenly using an offset spatula. Sprinkle streusel topping mixture evenly over batter.
Bake until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes for cake or 20-25 minutes for cupcakes. Transfer pan to a wire rack, and let cool completely. Remove cake from pan, and transfer to parchment.
Make the glaze: Mix together confectioners' sugar and milk. Drizzle over cake, and let drip down sides.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 114mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1.3mg