Cheesy crab omelet recipe is fancy enough to serve for a brunch party, but easy and quick enough for weekday breakfasts, too. If you love crab meat, and omelettes with plenty of cheese are your idea of a great breakfast, you’ve come to the right place!
Despite the fact that it’s the most important meal of the day, I’ve never been one to partake of breakfast very often.
Actually, that’s not true. I love breakfast, in its completely unhealthy form. Start me off with a hot cup of coffee and my favorite flavored creamer. Then place a plate of crisp bacon, French toast or waffles (overflowing with syrup, please), or just about anything loaded with cheese in front of me. Then you’ll see me smilin’ from ear to ear, ready to take on the meal with pure gusto.
I’ll even eat healthy breakfasts, as long as someone else makes them for me. This from the girl who adores cooking and baking… weird, right? Maybe it’s because it’s just too early to be playing with hot pans and grease at that hour. Or maybe I’m just stinkin’ lazy. Please applaud honesty for the win.
Anyhoo, my feelings for breakfast changed drastically after I developed this cheesy crab omelet.
It’s sort of healthy, as far as cheesy fattening things go. Plus, I portion controlled some of it. No, not the English muffin…don’t mess with my carb addiction. That’s a challenge for another day. I’m talking about that gorgeous omelet up there. Fluffy eggs, some cheesy goodness, and get this…it’s loaded with veggies and seafood!
Hello Mr. Food Pyramid. I’m delighted to appease you.
I hope you enjoy this cheesy crab omelet recipe!
Items You’ll Want (and Love!)
Fluffy eggs are folded around sweet crab meat and lots of gooey cheese for an omelette that's fancy enough for brunch guests, but easy and quick enough for an every day breakfast!
- 2 ounces cream cheese (I used low-fat)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh or canned crab meat, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, divided
- 2 Tablespoons minced mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon milk (any variety. I used 1%)
- Place softened cream cheese, crab meat, salt and pepper into a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine; set aside.
- In small omelet pan or frying pan over medium heat, melt 1/2 Tablespoon of butter. Add mushrooms and onion and saute, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together egg and milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- Transfer cooked mushroom mixture into bowl with crab and cream cheese, then carefully clean the inside of the omelet pan with paper toweling. Place pan back onto medium heat and add remaining butter to melt.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and cook until edges are set and the center has started to set up, about 3 minutes. Place crab mixture evenly down center of omelette. Gently slide a spatula under outside third of omelette and carefully fold it over the crab mixture. Use spatula to fold remaining third over the egg you just folded so that the filling is contained inside of the omelette.
- Use your spatula to flip entire omelette over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until egg has completed cooking.
- Slide from pan onto serving plate and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 396kcal Calories from fat 325|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 36g||55%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Thank you so much for visiting me today!
If you make this recipe, I'd love it if you'd share a photo and/or give your feedback over on my Facebook page, Cooking with Chef Bec!
In the mood for some more breakfast recipes? Check these out!