Healthy chicken Waldorf salad will keep you crunching all year long! Crisp Jazz apples, tender chicken breast, dried fruit, and nuts are tossed together with a healthy, low fat, no-sugar-added yogurt dressing. It’s perfect for a healthy lunch or light dinner.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Jazz Apples. I was compensated for my work, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Just like the CRANBERRY PEAR SCONES and APPLE PIE ICE CREAM BOWLS posts, this post includes a giveaway! Enter for a chance to win a $150 Visa gift card, a box of Jazz apples from New Zealand, and an entry for the grand prize – a Vitamix blender!
UPDATE: The giveaway has ended.
Jazz apples have a vibrant color on the outside, and a firm, crunchy flesh inside. They remind me of a cross between a Gala and a Granny Smith.
The apples from New Zealand taste so much better than the variety I bought from Sam’s Club last year. I think it’s because New Zealand apples are shipped right after picking, so they’re bursting with freshness! When it’s summer in the States, it’s Fall in New Zealand, which is perfect for harvesting apples.
It’s the perfect season to use Jazz apples, so a group of blogger friends and I are creating summery Jazz apple recipes. After you check out my recipe for healthy chicken Waldorf salad, be sure to check out the amazing recipes that were created by my friends!
My Waldorf salad recipe is healthier than most.
I kept the skin on the apples for added fiber, and Greek yogurt replaces fattening mayonnaise. Making healthy substitutions doesn’t diminish the taste of this salad at all. The flavor components from the apples, chicken, celery, walnuts, raisins, grapes, and dried cranberries bring so much love to this dish. I could eat this salad every day with no complaints.
Let’s make this healthy chicken Waldorf salad!
Oh, and if you love healthy salad recipes like this one, be sure to check out my recipe for grilled romaine salad. It’s perfect for a summer dinner.
Healthy Chicken Waldorf Salad
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Jazz apples, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup green or purple seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced or diced small
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla or plain flavor
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place chicken, apples, celery,walnuts, cranberries, and raisins into a large serving bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add all yogurt dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss to combine. For best flavor, serve chilled.
- Wrap any leftovers well and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If my Healthy waldorf salad recipe doesn’t float your boat, perhaps one of these delicious Jazz apple creations from my blogging friends will strike your fancy!
Potato Salad with Apples from Cook the Story
Zephyr Squash, Onion and Apple Saute from Pastry Chef Online
Apple Basil Mojitos from Cooking with Books
Campfire Apple and Pork Packets from Big Bear’s Wife
Apple & Chicken Salad with Honey Poppyseed Dressing from Around My Family Table
Summer Bounty Salad from Real Housemoms
Grilled Romaine Salad with Quinoa, Apples, Corn, & Dijon Vinaigrette from Climbing Grier Mountain
Pea Shoot, Pickled Cherry and Apple Salad from Nutmeg Nanny
Cinnamon and Ginger Jazz Apple Chips from Doughmesstic