Pumpkin spice yogurt parfait is a healthy dessert or snack that will make a fabulous healthy option for holiday parties!
This is my favorite time of year. The chill in the air leads to a change in color of the leaves on the trees. I get to pull out my coziest sweaters and pull out the down comforter. Chilly weather and pumpkin recipes go hand in hand, which is why it was so easy to decide what recipe I wanted to make when I was assigned to make something Nicole’s blog, Daily Dish Recipes.
Nicole has lots of delicious pumpkin recipes on her site. I took at look at her recipe index and pulled up the archives to see what she made last October, and nearly all of the recipes had pumpkin in them. Her recipe for Easy Pumpkin Parfaits with Greek Yogurt is the one that caught my attention, though. It’s a healthier option than her Oreo Candy Corn Bark or her chocolate pumpkin parfaits.
Nicole lives in St. Louis and is the mom to FIVE teenagers! Can you imagine the hustle and bustle around her house?! She’s been blogging for 10 years, so when you visit her site, be prepared to spend lots of time drooling over her recipes.
I’ve made a couple of parfait recipes on this blog. My Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bar Parfait and my Fluffy Fool Dessert Parfait were both very good, but I think this pumpkin yogurt parfait recipe might be my favorite now. It’s creamy, with a perfect pumpkin flavor and awesome fall spices, and the crunchy granola makes it the perfect snack!
Are you ready to make this yummi and healthy pumpkin spice yogurt parfait?
Grab your apron and I’ll meet you in the kitchen!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Yogurt Parfait
Vanilla Greek yogurt is layered with spiced pumpkin yogurt and crunchy cinnamon granola. It's a tasty, healthy dessert option.
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt, divided in half
- 2 Tablespoons of pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, divided in half
- 3/4 cup of crumbled graham crackers, oats, granola, etc. (I used cinnamon granola)
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the vanilla Greek yogurt with the pumpkin puree and half (1/4 teaspoon) of the pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup of yogurt with the remaining pumpkin spice.
- Parfait Assembly
- In a small glass, layer the vanilla yogurt, then the cinnamon granola (or filling of your choice) then the pumpkin yogurt, then another layer of the granola. Top both glasses with remaining vanilla yogurt.