Microwave caramel sauce is the quickest way to have rich, homemade caramel sauce. No candy thermometer is needed to make this easy caramel sauce recipe, because it cooks in a microwave!
So, for desserts that aren’t good with a chewy caramel sauce, I use this microwave caramel sauce recipe instead.
Disclosure: There may be affiliate links in this post. What this means: If you click through and make a purchase, the cost to you is the same, but I receive a small amount of compensation from the merchant. I use affiliate income as a way to offset the cost of operating this website and my recipe development. Thank you for helping to support It’s Yummi!
Why this microwave caramel sauce recipe works:
Seriously, this microwave caramel sauce recipe comes together in as little as 3 minutes!
Great uses for this caramel sauce:
- topping or add-in for ice cream
- dress up apple pie when company comes over
- dip or drizzle for cookies or fresh fruit.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this microwave caramel sauce recipe:
- 1 cup (or equivalent caramel chews, unwrapped and cut coarsely)
- 4 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup (I use )
- 2 tablespoons water
Microwave Caramel Sauce
Recipe yields 1 cup of caramel sauce.
- In a microwave safe dish, combine caramel bits, syrup and water.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each until caramel is soft and sauce is incorporated.
- Pour into a jar, over cookies, etc. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Nutrition shown is for the entire recipe (1 cup) of caramel sauce.