Peanut butter dip makes the perfect 3wafternoon snack or healthy dessert. Dip it, smear it. Just plain love it. Because chocolate and peanut butter just go together like yum, oh, yum.
Peanut Butter Dip is definitely one of our go-tos when it comes to satisfying our peanut butter and chocolate cravings. It will be your favorite too, we promise.
Peanut Butter Dip 101
Just 5 ingredient to make this magical dip. What’s not to love about that?
What do I need to make peanut butter dip? Cream cheese, powdered peanut butter, mini chocolate chips (you can use sugar free if desired, more on that below), confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract.
What’s the nutritional value of powdered peanut butter? Natural peanut butter is great, of course. But the value of peanut butter in powdered form is a serious cut in calories without sacrificing flavor, fiber and protein. Two tablespoons of peanut butter are around 190 calories, whereas powdered peanut butter is around 45. That’s a HUGE difference!
Can you make this low carb? YES. It’s really simple to make this low carb but simple swapping the powdered sugar with sugar-free powdered swerve and then using sugar-free chocolate chips.
What does peanut better dip taste like? Like our inner child, dancing around without a care in the world. Seriously though, this dip tastes a lot like peanut butter cookie dough. And happiness.
Dip it real good
There are so many options for this peanut butter dip, we’d like to share a few of our favorites with you!
- Spoon it. Just a spoonful to savor allllll by itself. So. Good.
- Apple slices are a fabulous choice, especially if they are a little chilled. Something about chilled apples just makes it SO much better. Pretty much any fruit is going to taste great with this dip.
- Graham crackers are great as well! Check out these Keto Graham Crackers
- Celery is the unexpected solid choice. If you love peanut butter and raisins on celery, you will DEFINITELY dig this dip.
- Pita chips are a crunchy dip-worthy option as well.
How to serve this dip … be the talk of the party
This dip is especially well suited for a party environment and it sure to have your guests talking!
We love using this as the centerpiece for a party platter. Providing an assortment of the dip-ables above makes it a one-size fits all kind of dip.
Store, savor and save
As with any food that has dairy in its DNA, you’re going to want to store your dip in the refrigerator, preferably in an airtight container. Your dip will last up to a week when properly stored in the refrigerator.
One question that comes up: Can I freeze peanut butter dip? Answer: You can try, but you’re probably not going to like it.
Here’s why. Cream cheese is freezable, but it most definitely alters the texture, making it less creamy/more crumbly. To be perfectly honest, we wouldn’t freeze this dip (if we could even get it to last/resist the temptation to eat it all in the first place.) This is better for a make and take/enjoy type of recipe. This just means you have to put it in your weekly rotation. 😉
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- 2 Tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar ( or sugar-free alternative)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips ( or sugar-free alternative)
- Add powdered peanut butter and water to a small mixing bowl and use a spoon to stir until combined.
- Add cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract and stir until well combined. (I used an electric hand mixer, but a large mixing spatula will also work).
- Stir in the chocolate chips and serve with graham crackers, cookies, sliced apples, celery, or eat it straight from a spoon!